its so damn hard to keep from spinning out of control..
maybe some high friction would help?
It seems to me - the documentation guy for AoO - that you don't entirely "get it" - which is my problem, not yours
, because it's my job to help people "get it". (Tinjaw just does that coding stuff.
So I'm curious how I can improve:Section 1
:Assumption in Section 1
: Controlling the ship is the major challenge of the game, followed by getting the bombs on target on rocks.
- Did you read the readme? If so, was it clear? (If not, where not? What was missing?) Should it have included a Tips section on controlling the ship?
- Would Tips on startup be useful?
- Would an easier mode earlier on (easier to kill the asteroids) be a good thing?
- Would you want to be able to select your initial rate of spin? (A planned feature.
- Should the documentation, or startup tips, spend more time pointing out this is intended to be a vector-driven game and explaining the implications of this? (I assumed everybody remembers Asteroids... not necessarily a valid assumption!)Section 2
Can you be clearer on what you want in terms of "friction" - the ship slowly slowing down, the rate of spin changing, ???
How fast should this change take place?
Should friction affect the rocks and bombs as well?
Apologies if this is not a fair question for you to answer for a contest submission....