topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cannot get license key  (Read 8159 times)

abm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cannot get license key
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:18 AM »
I have registered and can log in.  However, when I go to the license key page I cannot see any way to get a license key for the screenshot capture software I downloaded some days ago.  The page seems to be saying that I am not registered?????  What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for help.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cannot get license key
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28 AM »
Hi abm,
you are clearly registered since you are posting here.
If you go to this page:
https://www.donation...r.com/Keys/index.php

Does it recognize you and display your forum user name (abm) and let you download a key various programs?  It should give you a link for it.

If not, let me know and i will try to help more.  The only other thing i can think of is if your firewall might be blocking the page from recognizing you, but then i dont think you would be able to post :)

You can also email me at [email protected] for more help.

abm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 02:40 AM »
Hi mouser

Thanks for the VERY fast reply.  I have tried going to the page suggested - being the License Key page - but can find nothing on the page that says it is recognising me.  Again, in the left hand column it says I am not registered.

I have the McAfee Security Centre running on my PC and basically block all cookies that try to load on my PC.  Once blocked each one is added to the VERY long list of blocked cookies and I have found it very difficult to identify a particular cookie (due to odd naming) so I can take it off the list.  Could this be preventing your page from recognising me?  If so, is there any way around this?

abm

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 02:50 AM »
yes the blocked cookie could do it - i should probably add a message about having to have cookies enabled.
But the fact that it's recognizing you on the forum should mean that it can see the cookie.

The cookie name should be SMFCookie879  from the donationcoder.com website.

My experience has always been that for every person nice enough like you to report and help figure out a problem without losing their mind, their are 20 others who just get very angry and leave, so i really do appreciate your good nature about this and i assure i will help you get it resolved if you stick with it :)

See if you can find the cookie and allow it.

ps. regarding blocking cookies:
As someone who used to be paranoid about cookies, what i do now is allow all cookies, and then use a program that will delete all cookies except the ones i specify when i run it occasionally.  I think this makes 1000x more sense than blocking cookies from ever getting on your pc, since so many sites need them for temporary things.  The real concern about cookies is not them being on your pc, but of them identifying you over time, so by letting them get put on your pc but periodically deleting them, you get the benefits without the drawbacks.  just my 2 cents worth of opinion.  might be time for a thread on good cookie cleaning software..

abm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 04:05 AM »
 :Thmbsup:

I managed to find the blocked cookie in the long list and removed it from said list.  I then reurned to your website, which I had not left, only to find I was still NOT being recognised.  I then left the website and logged back in - VOILA!!!  The license page immediately recognised me and had the software list at the bottom.  I was able to get a license key and have posted it into the screenshot capture software on my PC.

Thanks heaps for your help.  I will think over what you said about cookies.  It is not the first time my paranoia about them has resulted in some lost time and effort.  The problem really is that you do not know you are going to need a cookie until AFTER you have blocked it.  It is a shame that these types of cookies are not presented for accepting or blocking at the exact time that they are required (rather than at the very instant you access a website.  Perhaps there should be TWO types of cookies - one for general website needs and the other for things like registration.  The second one only being presented at the required point in timer.  Food for thought.

abm

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 04:59 AM »
yippee!  :D

pnakbet

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 01:44 AM »
I have been going through all the directions but still could not get the license key.  Help!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 01:49 AM »
Have no fear pnakbet, we are here to help.
You should be able to get a license key from this page: https://www.donation...r.com/Keys/index.php

If that page says you havent registered at the forum, then you've probably got a similar problem as abm with cookies.

The above is for if you haven't donated. IF you have donated to the site and didnt get a license key email, contact me at [email protected] and i can help more.