topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: process tamer  (Read 6274 times)

manxman21

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
process tamer
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:05 PM »
hi  i  am  new  here....basically  i  joined  to  try  out  some  different  programs.....

process  tamer  i  have  had  previously...and  it  worked  great  in  I.E.6.....however since  I.E.7  downloaded  during  the  auto  updates  from  m.s....there  seems  to  be  a  problem...i  get a  processtamerconfigurator.exe_application  error  box  on  screen...with  this  message  and  to  click  ok  to  close  the  program...the  message  is  as  follows...the  instruction  at  0x7c80cf6d   referenced  memory  at  0x7815ecdf  .  the  memory  could  not  be  read...   click  ok  to  terminate  program....

it  seems  to  be  working  fine  now   if  i  ignore  the  nag  box  and  just  close  it...problem  is  it  keeps  coming  back  and  is  getting  tiresome...previously  i  have  run  process  tamer  for  about  ten  weeks  and  was  very  pleased  with  it....

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: process tamer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51 PM »
first thing first, there is no reason it shouldnt work with ie7 - i have ie7 here and process tamer seems to be working fine.
so it must be something else..
can you try some experiments and see if you can narrow down some clues about when it happens, maybe some other programs that might be running that it interacts badly with.. does it otherwise seem to work? what OS do you have? are you using the most recent version?

QwertyWI

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: process tamer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Are you using SPYCATCHER?  If so uninstall it... that was the problem that I had!