ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Learn How to create No-CD Cracks.

(1/4) > >>

Mizraim:
Does anyone know how to create your own No-CD/DVD cracks? Please share your knowledge. I am looking particularly for Neverwinter Nights 2 v1.03. I have searched the web with no luck. If anyone knows how or can lead me in the right direction, I am sure there are several who would like to learn how to do this.

Ruffnekk:
That's not easy to do you know... First you would need a Windows debugger like SoftIce. This is a program that runs in the background and with it you can pause any other process and debug it's assembly code, view the registers, stacks, etc. If you can determine which address in the assembly code calls the function to check for the CD, you can modify the code to skip that part for example. In practice it's not so simple most of the times. Debugging can take hours or days if you're dealing with good security. I'll see if I can post some more stuff on this and hopefully some links later.

cranioscopical:
I'm just one of many, many members here, and DonationCoder is a valuable resource for me. That said, may I offer a personal comment about this thread?
It seems to me that this kind of (theoretical) discussion could reflect badly on DonationCoder. So, with respect, I ask if DonationCoder is an appropriate forum for this topic and hope that you will not take offense when I suggest that the conversation would be better conducted elsewhere.

mouser:
Yeah I think this is not a direction we want to be going here on DonationCoder.  While there are surley cases where you bought a game and want to be able to play it in peace, this is just not the kind of think i think we want to be associated with there i think..

TucknDar:
I agree with cranioscopical.

Not making a judgement here, as I know how annoying it can be having to insert the CD when playing games. As far as I know making No-CD cracks even for personal use is illegal, and thus shouldn't be discussed here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version