ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Direct Folders 3.2, Anyone Have This Version?

(1/3) > >>

Nighted:
If you have Direct Folders 3.2, would someone consider emailing it to me?

I upgraded to 3.21 and I must say I'm very unhappy with it...but it could be a
conflict in my system causing problems. I deleted the old copy and can't reinstall it to test things out (stupid I know).

I'm not excited about waiting for Code Sector to get back to me about the problems I've submitted.

Please, if you have it, let me know.

Darwin:
I've sent you a private e-mail about this... In the meantime, what issues are you seeing with 3.21? I haven't updated yet and would like to know what I might be up against!

Nighted:
With version 3.21, the author has arbitrarily decided for us that we want the tree view shown in explorer every time a window is opened from the menu.

What really annoys me is that this isn't mentioned in the version history, nor is there an option to disable it (that I'm aware of). Nothing in the help file of course. Anyone who has looked at the help file will see that it's outdated. It contains old features and screen shots that aren't even relevant to the current builds.

Nighted:
For anyone considering buying any software from Codesector, please take into the account that, from the date of this topic to my post today, I've still received no response to my support ticket or my email.

I know that support is a deciding factor for many when choosing where to put their money. I'll update this when (if) I get a response, but if you read this 6 months from now and I've still not updated it, then it's another 6 months with no reply (which I'm sure it will be).

tinjaw:
With version 3.21, the author has arbitrarily decided for us that we want the tree view shown in explorer every time a window is opened from the menu.-Nighted (December 21, 2006, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you aware that you can bring up the Direct Folders Configuration window and go to the Applications tab and change the setting on a per application basis? I think all he need to do is allow you do set a default for apps as they are added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version