topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Direct Folders 3.2, Anyone Have This Version?  (Read 5683 times)

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Direct Folders 3.2, Anyone Have This Version?
« on: December 21, 2006, 03:36 AM »
If you have Direct Folders 3.2, would someone consider emailing it to me?

I upgraded to 3.21 and I must say I'm very unhappy with it...but it could be a
conflict in my system causing problems. I deleted the old copy and can't reinstall it to test things out (stupid I know).

I'm not excited about waiting for Code Sector to get back to me about the problems I've submitted.

Please, if you have it, let me know.

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Direct Folders 3.2, Anyone Have This Version?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:35 AM »
I've sent you a private e-mail about this... In the meantime, what issues are you seeing with 3.21? I haven't updated yet and would like to know what I might be up against!

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 09:11 AM »
With version 3.21, the author has arbitrarily decided for us that we want the tree view shown in explorer every time a window is opened from the menu.

What really annoys me is that this isn't mentioned in the version history, nor is there an option to disable it (that I'm aware of). Nothing in the help file of course. Anyone who has looked at the help file will see that it's outdated. It contains old features and screen shots that aren't even relevant to the current builds.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39 PM »
For anyone considering buying any software from Codesector, please take into the account that, from the date of this topic to my post today, I've still received no response to my support ticket or my email.

I know that support is a deciding factor for many when choosing where to put their money. I'll update this when (if) I get a response, but if you read this 6 months from now and I've still not updated it, then it's another 6 months with no reply (which I'm sure it will be).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:50 PM by Nighted »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 05:22 PM »
With version 3.21, the author has arbitrarily decided for us that we want the tree view shown in explorer every time a window is opened from the menu.

Are you aware that you can bring up the Direct Folders Configuration window and go to the Applications tab and change the setting on a per application basis? I think all he need to do is allow you do set a default for apps as they are added.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 05:24 PM »
This is weird. Unless I'm imagining it (could easily be the case), for a stretch there in the late summer, early fall, the author of DirectFolders was pretty active on these forums. I wonder what's happened.

Too bad, I hope the gets resolved for you soon!

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Yes tinjaw, I know about those options. But there is nothing there about opening folders, they are all relevent to sorting order in Open/Save dialogs.

Not sure what's going on, but support is a welcome feature with software!

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 08:13 PM »
you can change what you view and how you view it. Maybe I am not understanding your desire.

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 02:54 AM »
tinjaw, the window on the left is how windows open in 3.21 (with the explorer treeview open), on the right is how they open in 3.2, without the treeview. As I have my windows set to open at the dimensions shown by default, you can imagine how annoying this is that I cannot disable it.  >:(

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:24 AM »
Wow, I was completely off. I didn't realize that was what you were talking about. I haven't used any version other than the latest. I probably would have not noticed anyway because I just click on the drop down and use that treeview instead of (in my personal taste) wasting all that screen real estate on the left. But the whole reason we run programs like Direct Folders is to tweak things the way we like them. Then to have those tweaks changed without notice is a bit unsettling. I can't remember. Do they have a forum or a contact form on their web site?

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 07:25 AM »
tinjaw, there is a form for submitting things on the site. There is also a tech support email. There is no forum.