ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

is there a slim text editor with a nice zoom feature?

<< < (2/2)

Lashiec:
GridinSoft Notepad Pro... It's not exactly top quality software if you compare it to UltraEdit, not even against PSPad... Doesn't this one have this kind of feature? Or TEDNotepad maybe. I don't have these around to tell (the closest thing to a text editor I have right now is either plain Notepad or BlueJ...)

Nighted:
Wow, no one mentioned Notepad2. You can use the keyboard and the toolbar to zoom. Also has decent syntax schemes.

urlwolf:
vim. You can map font sizes and window sizes to keyboard shortcuts.
Just add a map command to your vimrc (the file that contains the settings).

jgpaiva:
-urlwolf (January 25, 2007, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's interesting, i was just now looking for something like that for vim. Unfortunatelly, couldn't find any plugin for it. :(

urlwolf:
-urlwolf (January 25, 2007, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's interesting, i was just now looking for something like that for vim. Unfortunatelly, couldn't find any plugin for it. :(
-jgpaiva (January 25, 2007, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, you can do things like:
set guifont=Lucida\ Console:11
where  11 is font size.

And

--- ---function! Smallfonts()
setlocal textwidth=0
set guifont=Andale_Mono:h7:cANSI
   set columns=196
   set lines=62
endfunction

map <F5> : call Smallfonts()<CR>
[\code]
I can code with fonts that small, because I like to get as much text as possible. Actually, an editor that had a two page view (or multicolumn) would be great, I kind of fake that with two windows editing the same buffer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version