ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

need: a program to track the exact time that you spend on each webpage

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
Hi,

I need a program to track the exact time that you spend on each webpage. This is partially acomplished by my current tracker, visual timeAnalyzer (www.neuber.com/timeanalyzer/index.html)... but I need to have detailed statistics and have them in a format that I can process afterwards (e.g., plain text).

I want to complement a really nice new finding: a proxy-based program that can save to disk each and every page you have visited.
http://www.proxy-offline-browser.com/private/index.html
Unfortunately, time information is not kept.

Ideally, I'd like to find something system-independent, free, and if possible, open source. But this is just the icing on the cake.

I'm planning to use this for a really cool experiment (more to come soon!).

Any recommendations?

Deozaan:
I don't know about each webpage, but I saw a firefox extension once that tracked how long you spent per website, I think. I don't remember any info about it. I installed it on a whim one day and then shortly after did a fresh OS install.

tomos:
there is always dB'S TitleLog
which keeps track of everything you do  :o   and, with Opera at any rate, shows the website address.
(Only shows to the nearest minute though)

see post #5 here for my TitleLog Log showing opera pages
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4645.0

urlwolf:
Thanks Tomos, good pointer. I tried titleLog, but the url is not kept... a bit difficult to map the page title to the url. A mod to titleLog might be possible.

Ahk'd be the fastest, but it's not cross-platform. :( The idea is that this program could be run by many different people independently of what OS/browser they are using.

Deozaan:
I don't know about each webpage, but I saw a firefox extension once that tracked how long you spent per website, I think. I don't remember any info about it. I installed it on a whim one day and then shortly after did a fresh OS install.
-Deozaan (December 20, 2006, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Found it: It's called Usage Counter. But it doesn't track per website. Just seems to track how long Firefox has been open. . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version