topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Not free, but free, X-Setup  (Read 4459 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not free, but free, X-Setup
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:38 AM »
For a month I have been trying out X-Setup, "The mother of all tweaker".

I very much like the way I can tweak my old Win2K in any way I want. The program never said anything about "This is a trial - you have nn days left", no, but if I asked, it would answer: "you are within trial period". Period!

I tweaked this and that - 1900 tweaks it will offer for Windows, they say (not 1900 for YOUR Win, but some for 95, some for 98, some for ME, some for 2000, some for XP, and some for Vista) - and when four weeks had passed, I started thinking about buying the program, because I would not want all these new settings to go away. Well, of course the trial expired when I had no money, and I thought "Now I will have to tweak all these settings once more, when I get some money and buy the program" - but to my big surprise all the settings were saved!

The people behind X-Setup are fine engineers, but poor merchants. You can use this program for a full month, and tweak your Windows big time, and then remove the program and keep the new settings!
- and later install a new version and tweak even more!

It is not even expensive; $15 + VAT is a very fine price.  :Thmbsup:

The all new 9 BETA is still a little buggy, but otherwise ready for Vista.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:53 AM by Curt »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not free, but free, X-Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Xteq X-setup has been around for some time. had used it's freeware version and also submitted/suggested some of the tweaks..

btw, the reason your settings were not removed is due to the fact that it writes straight to the registry, therefore even when you uninstall the program your settings will not revert to default unless you had chosen the log option & later manually undo the process. i think this is stated during the installation or applying the tweaks, i can't remember..

anyway, good program though..