Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 10:04:34 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007  (Read 333850 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #825 on: August 20, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »

There is nowhere to download these plugins?

good point -- i'll make a big download pack where you can grab them all in one big zip.
also the new FARR2 web page will be public shortly and will have links to all known plugins.
kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #826 on: August 20, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »

Thanks!  That works!

Kevin
zajc
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #827 on: August 22, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »

Possible bug and enhancement request smiley

I'm using FARR v2.00.142 on XP (SP2). I install software which require proper system PATH value.
After I launch it with FARR it didn't work because FARR had still an old system PATH value.
The only solution was to stop and start FARR again.

Maybe FARR should refresh system PATH (and other???) variable(s) each time it starts (with BREAK key).

Anyway FARR is the best Kiss
lethalrocks
Participant

« Reply #828 on: August 22, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »

I changed FARR to stay in memory longer, and the problem I mentioned (removing the first few letters) still happens, albeit less often
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #829 on: August 22, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

zajc, not a bad idea -- thanks for the suggestion i might just add that.

lethalrocks:
the problem I mentioned (removing the first few letters) still happens, albeit less often

i think i inadvertently added something that creates this behavior of farr in the last release or two when i added the new hotkey system.  i'll try to fix in next release.
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

« Reply #830 on: August 22, 2007, 12:39:18 PM »

Maybe FARR should refresh system PATH (and other???) variable(s) each time it starts (with BREAK key).

i hope this would not slow down FARR
since this is only required after installing a new software...

@mouser, why not create a command just to do that,  say ... refreshfarr
no need to refresh the system PATH everytime FARR is invoked...

just my two cents...
(but i think speed is really really important for FARR  cheesy)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #831 on: August 22, 2007, 12:41:55 PM »

yes that's a reasonable alternative as well.
teegee543
Supporting Member

« Reply #832 on: August 29, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »

I'm not sure when this folder navigation feature changed, but I used to be able to navigate into subdirectories that were found by pressing the result number. Now when I press the result number, it launches the folder immediately. I liked it when it would put the directory path into the search bar and allow me to dig deeper into files and folders within that folder. Is it still possible to use FARR in this way?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #833 on: August 29, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

teegee543 -- it's still supposed to work that way, and it does when you use the alt+digit keys, but i'm guessing you must have the option set to use normal digit keys, as i just tried that and indeed it did open the folder directly.  this is a bug and im fixing it.
jack99999
Supporting Member

« Reply #834 on: August 30, 2007, 09:20:42 AM »

i've upgraded the alpha version several times. i see that in my Hotkeys list i now have 'Toggle FARR - Custom' defined 5 times, each time setting up the same (corrrect) key.

i assume there should be just one of these.

jack
Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #835 on: August 30, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »

A small idea, similar to some previous ones but still not identical I think:

Pressing Ctrl + C currently copies the path to the selected item in the results list.

Enhance that by letting Ctrl + C do different actions based on the number of times it has been pressed (for the very same item):
1st time - path to clipboard
2nd time - filename to clipboard
3rd time - file to clipboard
4th time - path to clipboard
For each such keypress, indicate the action at the far en of the statusbar: "path", "name", "file".
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #836 on: August 30, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

I like that Idea.  thumbs up
Simple, yet powerfull.

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #837 on: August 30, 2007, 05:18:42 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up That's a fabulous idea - greatly increases functionality and power without requiring the user to memorize 47 keyboard shortcuts (also makes for more efficient use of keyboard shortcuts - they're a finite resource!).

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #838 on: August 31, 2007, 03:28:59 AM »

When I add in a directory to the Search Folders tab, can I specify only to search specific extensions? And if I do, does this increase performance compared to searching all files? Thanks.

nitrix-ud
Charter Member

« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2007, 05:47:47 AM »

When I add in a directory to the Search Folders tab, can I specify only to search specific extensions? And if I do, does this increase performance compared to searching all files? Thanks.

unfortunately no, but this would make a great addition

when i switched from Launchy to FARR that was one of few things i missed...
it kind of cleans up results... when you specify specific extensions... (for example i'd like to exclude .url files for my "start menu programs" folder...)
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #840 on: August 31, 2007, 06:17:54 AM »

My FARR won't open MS Publisher...Finds it but won't open?  tellme

If you need help - JUST ASK!
cowcrombie
Charter Member

« Reply #841 on: September 05, 2007, 03:19:42 AM »

An additional feature would be to tell the program to memorise a folder or file.

eg.

i go to a folder or file and i can assign a particular word for that file or folder.

right now, it's only good to find programs coz it's easiest to recognise. If i have the same name for a lot of folders, it's hard for the program to distiguish between and sometimes won't even show up on the top 10. (and the fact you can't scroll down to choose something is very annoying)

Maybe everytime you open something from FARR, 1 point would be added to that particular file or folder. so if you open it a lot of times, it'll automatically be on the top of the list.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #842 on: September 05, 2007, 06:30:01 AM »

Maybe everytime you open something from FARR, 1 point would be added to that particular file or folder. so if you open it a lot of times, it'll automatically be on the top of the list.
that already happens

luvsan
Participant

« Reply #843 on: September 05, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »

EDIT : oops someone already said about the hotkeys creating themselves again but i second it leave this here incase i have any more useful info stated

when it imports old custom hotkeys it does it everytime the program is started

i have tried deleteing them and adding a new one its under a different name as you can see but it still creates the others

link to screenshot
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/482/farrge9.jpg

also as someone stated with publisher it wont open microsoft picture manager and i tried outlook so i assumed none of that works could be some of microsofts lovely security which is security through annoyances lol
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 09:13:41 AM by luvsan » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #844 on: September 05, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »

omg look at that screenshot --
ok thanks for that looks like i need to fix that bug ASAP.

i'll look back at the ms office document issue - i remember having to add special code for that and i suspect that a recent change i made must have bypassed this special code.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #845 on: September 06, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »

My FARR won't open MS Publisher...Finds it but won't open?  tellme

It does now...you have to be precise... i.e. MSPUB works, not Microsoft Office Publisher.... Grin

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #846 on: September 06, 2007, 06:51:17 AM »

This opens MS Picture Manager..

OIS.exe  Wink

Grorgy
Supporting Member

« Reply #847 on: September 06, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »

i just start typing microsoft, they all come up and i hit the number, works a treat every time  smiley
fluffywings
Supporting Member

« Reply #848 on: September 07, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

BTW Mouser. I love this program.  I was wondering if it would be possible when the hotkey is hit that we can customize the default icons.  Where we can choose which ones and however many we want showing.  Just saves me from using the keyboard at all for the programs I use the most frequently.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #849 on: September 07, 2007, 01:46:24 AM »

I was wondering if it would be possible when the hotkey is hit that we can customize the default icons.  Where we can choose which ones and however many we want showing.

you absolutely can do this already -- it's part of the reason for the new hotkey system.
to do this, go to the hotkey (either use the default one or create a new one with a different trigger), and configure some starting text.  Like for example put: myapps

then create an alias group called myapps
and put in it all the programs you want listed.

now when you hit your hotkey up will pop your designed list of programs.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.11 ]