ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (147/173) > >>

jack99999:
i think that would be a good thing to do, although it might be a little confusing. it's difficult to tell without experiencing it :)

jack

jgpaiva:
"c:\program files" appears as the first result because that's intended to be launched by pressing -enter-. It wouldn't make sense not to be the first result, since that's the best match for the text on the editbox.

As for having -tab- autocompleting to the first entry after "c:\program files", that sounds a bit confusing, it'll probably surprise people.

justice:
Woah browsing directories is blazingly fast now! Right that's Folderscout of the disk then!

mouser:
I have now uploaded version 2.00.130

I have made a big under-the-hood change the way that the window is refreshed with new contents.

There is a fair chance that this update will have a bug or two in display updating in some cases but i wanted to push it out to get bug reports coming in as soon as possible.

The new refresh is *MUCH* smoother -- if you try out previous versions, expecially in directory browsing, you would see lots of "flickering" as new window contents were updated and window was shrunk and resized.  You should find now a much gentler update of window contents.

Let me know what you think.

jack99999:
now trying .130

i can't tell whether it's much smoother, cos it's running on my work machine and i need a vpn connection to it today.

however, i discovered that my long wait problem seems to depend on which folders it searches. when i include the desktop the searches can take ages. remove the desktop, it's quick. put the desktop back again and it's slow.

does this make any possible sense? is there something different about the desktop?

jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version