ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (145/173) > >>

Liquidmantis:
@Mouser - I accidentally discovered that it seems possible to load two instances of FARR simultaneously, or at least, end up with two FARR icons in the system tray.  Should it trap that?
--- End quote ---

yep, on my todo list.
-mouser (July 06, 2007, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wait!  Please make it an option to have multiple instances if you do "fix" it.  I run FindAndRunRobot.exe locally on my systems but have FindAndRunRobotUSB.exe autorun from my utility program flash drive for portability.

jack99999:
this is mostly super stuff. thanks!

i do have a problem with the incremental searching.

i get times then the list update takes ages. the problem seems to be most evident when i type a couple of letters, such as 'ho', and then realise i got it wrong, so i delete the 'o'... i then have to wait about 10 seconds for a screen update.

it feels as though i should be able to set something that says 'don't do incremental searching below a threshold of n characters' and then i could set it to 3 and everything would be fine.

jack

mouser:
jack, what version are you using?

justice:
Try changing some of the parameters in the highlighted area in the screenshot. These are my settings to speed FARR up (don't load results > 9 cos you can't see them anyway etc.) and they make FARR a bit faster than the default settings.

brahman:
Hmmm.....

what is the "extended results list"?  :-[

If I set "max entries to reply in normal results" to 9, that's all I ever get to see.

In the Help, Results Window Operation there is a screen shot which shows "search for all matches" but not so in my context menu.I thought that may be a way to display more results on demand, but it is not there.

What have I misconfigured?  :huh:

Regards,

Brahman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version