ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (143/173) > >>

rssapphire:
after double clicking to launch a result?-mouser (July 07, 2007, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. I double-click to launch a result and FARR doesn't go away completely. If shrinks to just the search area (and will not accept any input into the edit line, even though the cursor there is flashing away)

does it matter if you are launching a file result or an alias?
--- End quote ---

Aliases that launch something have the problem.  The run alias, for example.

remind me again the details please
--- End quote ---

I hit alt-space to bring up FARR. I type text and double-click on Textpad in the result window.

Textpad opens as expected, but the FARR window does not go away, it just shrinks, shedding the results, and just showing the edit line for entering a search term. The cursor is flasshing in the edit line, but you can't actually type anything. You can manually close the window -- which seems to be the only way to make it go away.

mouser:
And to confirm, it was fixed in the previous release you had?

JeffC:
I have just installed and am now running version .125 alpha.  I am getting similar behaviour - when I double click on a name in the main display the Find and Run application goes to the small window and stays - I have to press the close 'X' in the upper right corner of it's window.  It launches the program correctly, and I do NOT get this behaviour when I use a function key to launch or cursor down to the program name and press ENTER.

I first noticed this behaviour several releases ago - assumed it was something I was doing wrong (It usually is - on the computer and in life!) and was only a minor annoyance in a fabulously useful program.  I had the impression that .122 stopped this behaviour, but still got it on 1 or 2 occasions (and I wasn't paying attention to how I was launching the programs on those occasions; I was a BAD tester - I was actually enjoying using the program) but it's behaviour that is certainly there now on my machine.

I am running XP Pro SP2 if that's of any use.

Jeff Cranford

mouser:
i changed a couple of things that could have revived this problem, but the absolute easiest way for me to fix it is if someone knows an older version that doesn't exhibit this behavior.

JeffC:
I will dig up my backup USB drive and see if my obsessive nature has led me to back up some of the earlier alpha versions and I will try uninstalling the current version and see if I can find a version that doesn't do this on my machine.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version