ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (140/173) > >>

mouser:
it could very well be something i inadvertantly changed in the installer.. thanks for pointing it out and i will do some more testing before public release.  :up:

rjbull:
I just tried again and the same outcome. The error message (with a large, nasty X on left) states that I need to be logged on as an administrator to install the software.
-cemole (July 06, 2007, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have full admin rights on the PC I use at work, but I installed FARR.  Can't remember which version, but I'm using 2.00.122 at the moment.  Of course, your restrictions may have some critical differences from mine.  In my case, I can't install anything in a subdirectory of c:\Program Files\ , I can't write anything into the StartUp directory for it to run on Windows start, I can't write files into the root directory though I can make directories off it (the system would hardly work without...) and I don't think I can edit the Registry.

What I've done is install FARR in C:\JUNK\FARR  , and that works fine.  I think I didn't use the installer, though.  Remember that FARR's installer is actually a self-extracting archive, so you can decompress it with your choice of archive utility and put the results anywhere.  I actually use the one built into my file manager, the outstandingly excellent Total Commander.

Because I can't write in the startup folder I can't set FARR to automatically load on system start.  But I run PowerPro, so I have a PowerPro button that says "Load standard set" (of programs), of which FARR and CHS are two  :)  Alternatively you could use, say, Horst Schaeffer's launcher PopSel from a hotkey and pick you choice off its menu.

@Mouser - I accidentally discovered that it seems possible to load two instances of FARR simultaneously, or at least, end up with two FARR icons in the system tray.  Should it trap that?

mouser:
@Mouser - I accidentally discovered that it seems possible to load two instances of FARR simultaneously, or at least, end up with two FARR icons in the system tray.  Should it trap that?
--- End quote ---

yep, on my todo list.

cemole:
What I've done is install FARR in C:\JUNK\FARR  , and that works fine.  I think I didn't use the installer, though.  Remember that FARR's installer is actually a self-extracting archive, so you can decompress it with your choice of archive utility and put the results anywhere.  I actually use the one built into my file manager, the outstandingly excellent Total Commander.
-rjbull (July 06, 2007, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you rjbull for your suggestions. As you have suggested, I've decompressed the installer and placed it in the temp file as is. Now it works without any problems. Obviously, it's the installer causing the problem.

justice:
What does the Properties... right click menu option do? It doesn't appear to do anything at he moment. If I want the properties of a result I have to go through Shell Context Menu -> Properties... instead. Might be a bug then.

And Search for All Matches... must be like a refresh of some sorts? Running the query again in case extra results have been added? Maybe this should be renamed refresh results in that case. It now comes across like farr does not search all matches by default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version