ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (134/173) > >>

rjbull:
Not a  bug, but a cosmetic oddity.  When I use the built in alias  "search"  for a phrase in quotes, thus:

search "steph swainston"

what I see in the FARR "command line" is small solid black squares for the double quotes, while in the list beneath it, double quotes appear normally.  Does the font used on the "command line" not contain double quotes?  Or is this a regional issue?

(BTW: Steph Swainston is an author of New Weird novels)

Babis:
Hi mouser, the ? wildcard does not work for folders, although it works for files.

Is this a bug or supposed to work like this?

rbeeger:
rbeeger, i just realized that the ability to shut down running copy of farr wont work on older version of farr, just from now on.  can you try running the new installer again while your current new version is running, and see if it can shut it down ok, or if not, if it gives you a warning.
-mouser (June 25, 2007, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser I now installed #116 over #108 and it worked fine. I don't know whether it is possible, but if it is, it would be good if the installer could check whether it can shut down the running FARR instance. In the case that it cannot, it should show some kind of message and request the user to shutdown FARR himself before continuing the installation.
Seeing this flood of errors would probably be a shock for users upgrading from FARR1 to 2.

Cheers,
  Robert

mouser:
Thanks Robert, that's exactly what's supposed to happen, but it wouldnt be the first time there is a difference between what happens and what's supposed to happen :)

elpresi:
HI. I just installed v116 over v108 and I am happy to report that the FARRfox plugin now works :-)
Thanks Mouser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version