ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (117/173) > >>

cnewtonne:
Mouser,
I wanted to see if this is doable in the current release of FARR. Most apps that provide a search-as-u-type feature, provide an option where user can control the delay between end of typing and start of search in ms. This delay is basically ms that pass where KB is idle. This way I do not have to be racing along with FARR and sometimes stepping on each other's toes.

What do you think?

jnulu:
Jesse,

I continue to face problems with the latest FARR V2.00.82 Alpha!

As mentioned previously, I have installed this on both the PC's at home and at work.
Since I do not have any issues with this version of FARR at work, I will confine myself with the problems I face on my home PC.

After installation ( I exit from the tray first as adviced) the application runs without any hitch for a couple of days.
I turn off the PC each day before going to bed.
A few days later when I start the PC, I find FARR icon missing in my system tray!

Even if I try to run it from Start/Programs, FARR does not start.
I have to painfully uninstall, manually remove some folders and files related to FARR (Some are unable to be removed),
restart the PC and install the program all over again.
Then after a few days, FARR is again missing from the system tray.

No idea what is going on!

I've tried Launchy and othere similar programs but FARR is 'Farr' away the best!  :)
I love this program and would appreciate any one's help in resolving this issue.
I am now using the stable version v1.13.01 and would like to use the latest Alpha
Thanks in advance!

Jay

lanux128:
jnulu, use the TaskManager to see if Farr is already running but fails to appear on the screen, that may provide some clues..

jnulu:
I just checked the Task Manager and found it to show that I am running the Alpha version 2.00.82, when I know that I am running only the stable version v1.13.02. To double check, I right click on the FARR icon in the tray and choose 'About' which confirms that I am running the stable version v1.13.02.
A few seconds later, with the FARR window open, I check the Task Manager once more.
And find there are no entries for FARR in the Task Manager window!!  :huh:

Jay

justice:
Are you running Vista? It can preload programs as it analyses your daily usage. Maybe it detected you use farr2 and preloads it which causes problems for farr1. If you're not using Vista then this is not the case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version