ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (108/173) > >>

mouser:
cnewtone, there is no way it should take that long, some bug must be slowing farr down (like when it somehow gets delayed checking for the existence of a network file).  can you email me your FindAndRunRobot.ini file? or actually you might want to wait until i release the next version which completely changes the way aliases are stored before you do.

jdmarch thanks for pointing that out, i will improve it.  :up:

jdmarch:
Hmmm, am I doing this wrong or is this an issue? I just entered a search word. Most of the results were in D:\WINNT\TEMP, which I did not want. D:\WINNT\ is on my search path, but I didn't want its TEMP subfolder to be. So I added D:\WINNT\TEMP\ to Search Folders with a score of -9999. Made no difference whatsoever, whether I put it before or after the D:\WINNT\ entry.

mouser:
jdmarch, add D:\WINNT\TEMP\ with score of -9999 to your "Pattern Scooring" list, not your Search Folders list.

jdmarch:
Thanks, mouser. Actually shouldn't it be d:\winnt\temp\*  ?

But it isn't only that I didn't want those results to show up - I don't even want FARR to waste time searching the temp folder and its subfolders. Or is it smart enough to do that when it sees the above pattern exclusion?

mouser:
Or is it smart enough to do that when it sees the above pattern exclusion?
--- End quote ---
right exactly. it wont go into that directory at all -- BUT!!! -->
don't do "d:\winnt\temp\*" or "d:\winnt\temp\*.*"

as that WILL confuse it into looking into the subdirectory before eliminating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version