ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (107/173) > >>

mouser:
thanks Kosinus, looks like a bug for sure.

gcharron:
Great App!!

a few observations (Find+Run Robot v2.00.82):

1. Once an application has been launched from FARR and later closed- the parent folder can not be delete until FARR is closed.
  2. Unable to locate where to configure the command line to appear at the bottom of the FARR window instead of the top

Thanks Again!!!
Gilles

mouser:
gcharron, i'll look into #1 that sounds annoying and i can't think of why it should happen.
as for #2, i removed the option as it became painfully hard to get that display to look right with the edit box at the bottom.. i may try to bring it back eventually if people really want it, but only after i finish the code that let's user customize font for editbox..

ps.
i agree with everyone about getting farr v2 into release candidate and public testing, i just want to make sure i have the fundamental stuff updated so people can create plugins and share aliases without having to worry about painful upgrading.

i've spent the last week completely reworking the way aliases are saved.  they are now saved in multiple xml files, so that it will be super easy for people to create and share and update various alias files, while also maintaining their own custom aliases, and not worrying about them being overwritten, etc.

cnewtonne:
Mouser,
great news for great work.
I would like to ask that you take a look at performance too. Alias searches are becoming more and more slow as I add them. Sometimes it takes 2-5 secs for results to display. I know you have plenty on your plate, just take a look when you get the chance.

jdmarch:
Mouser, this may not be an issue for new users, perhaps just for folks converting up from previous versions, but I encountered a small issue with the sizing of the Edit Group/Alias dialog. Presumably its size on my system had been remembered (from a previous FARR version with fewer fields in the dialog) as shorter than is now permitted. As a result, the dialog was shown at the current minimum height, but the Results field contents were completely invisible, and completely unscrollable. The only indicator that there was anything in the Results field was that I could do Select All / Copy, then paste to an editor to view the field contents. When I resized the dialog up and then back down to minimum height, the problem did not  recur.

Several thoughts:
* seems like there is some subtle size dependency failure when the dialog height is memorized as being smaller than the current minimum height.
* Perhaps it would help if the dialog minimum height were a little taller than now so that the Results field was always at least 2 lines high. (This might also help with clarity, emphasizing to the user that this is a multi-line field, and unless you are planning a cell phone version, shouldn't be a problem with anyone's screen size.)
* It would help with clarity if there were an explicit resizing grip at the lower right corner.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version