ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (105/173) > >>

QuickBrownFox:
I would love to see a public release too. I've been checking this forum regularly for weeks now, since the first post in this thread promised a public beta on a certain date, so it's been a little bit frustrating. It would've been more so if I hadn't read about the good progress that appears to have been made in terms of features and bugfixes.

However, the fix for the bug that slows down window display is a MAJOR thing. There has always been an actually quite long (in computer terms) pause between rendering the FARR window and then displaying it's contents. I always thought of it as a necessary wait rather than a bug so I was glad to hear that it has been banished. It even seems like it would be worth releasing a fix for it in v1 to tide over non beta users until v2, if it would be easy to do.

After all that, I hope you don't mind if I throw in a feature request here: Hide system tray icon. I never use it and it just wastes space down there. Of course, if this feature were implemented then running the FARR exe would have to show the FARR window instead of starting another instance. WinPatrol has this feature. It's another absolutely essential program for windows. So much so that I wouldn't ever dream of closing it. I think of it as a service and am happy to have it running constantly without my approval. This feature would be great in FARR because I think of it almost in the same way.

Actually, now that I've posted I may as well ask that you send me the beta. I'd appreciate it.

ecaradec:
I have got another problem, FARR seem to have stopped search results in the history. It began between the version 2.0.60 and 2.0.68.
-ecaradec (April 04, 2007, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think that this bug might have passed unnoted. It presists in V2.00.76. I'm noticing it because it's one of the features i most use in Farr. :)
-jgpaiva (April 17, 2007, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nobody seem to have noticed this bug again. It is really annoying (at least for me ) because I often run programs and documents with the directory search (full path ) and I could get them again without configuring anything. It miss me so much that I revert to a previous version (2.0.60 ) and no other features added give me the will to upgrade and loose this. I hope to see this fixed.

Manu

mouser:
Hi Manu,
I'm looking into it now -- i'm pretty certain that this bug is due to code i recently added to prevent it from returning items in the history when they don't live in a directory normally searched, for use with the new +modifiers for switching which directories to search in.

I'm going to fix it so if you don't specify explicitly directories to look in with a +modifier, then it will not reject history items which aren't on your current search path, which should solve your problem.

Sorry i didn't notice the bug report earlier.

gottadoit:
After the new version has been released...

It would be good if we could (optionally) have FARR add in program entries for things directly executed by explorer
Explorer makes this relatively easy by default by storing a record of programs that have been executed in some registry keys

For the reg keys involved see http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/abc3/v29/vic29.htm
The UserAssist keys are rot13'ed by default but there is a switch to toggle this back to plain text and there is also a switch to turn off the UserAssist information collection as well (so some people won't have anything to display)

It might be useful to be able to partition the results taken from explorer executions into a mini little list at the bottom so that they don't pollute the main list if people don't want to have a single combined list

NB: Found that someone has already written a little program to display the information, I have never tried this so caveat emptor
     http://didierstevens.wordpress.com/programs/userassist/

gottadoit:
Another fairly minor and probably fairly easy addition is the option to show the last executed time in the history list

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version