ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (78/173) > >>

mouser:
thanks for discovering that, i was having a lot of trouble reproducing it -- you guys are so incredibly helpful  :-*  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

JennyB:

It took some time to find it, but I realized, that it has something to do with launch history. If launch history contains a pure folder e.g. "C:\backup\", then the search "c:\back" shows the results:

Disabling or deleting the entry in launch history returns result to normal behavior.
-hornsts (March 14, 2007, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's it!  I'm guessing, Mouser, that you have a routine that ignores the last character of an entry in the launch history if it's a \, and somehow it's getting called twice.

mouser:
very good guess JennyB.. actually what happened is this -- old code stripped off the \ at the end.
then in order to fix another feature where path completion was sometimes appearing in lowercase, i wrote a function that automatically determined the canonical mixed case path of any given path.  problem is this function gets rid of the \ at the end, so indeed the old code was still stripping off the last character, leading to the behavior seen.

mouser:
I've uploaded a new version to try to fix these issues:
Version 2.00.60 - March 14, 2007 - ALPHA PREVIEW RELEASE

* Added special +sall modifier which says to show all matches and ignore the normal result limit.
* Tried to add code to prevent a situation where you type very fast and hit enter before results are updated (may need improving).
* Fixed bug where folder history items were being displayed inappropriately.

Triton:
mouser pm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version