ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (68/173) > >>

scorcho:
scorcho,

We had debates about this.. In the end i decided that the best solution for such needs was to write a super tiny super efficient helper tool that lets you use combo keys like double-tap control or double-tap right shift, etc., to trigger any other hotkeys on your system.  It's called "TapTap Hotkey Extender" and it's perfect for those who want to trigger FARR with such special combos, or trigger any other function on their computer:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/TapTap/index.html
-mouser (February 22, 2007, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks mouser! i discovered the utility before reading your response, and it's been working great!

cnewtonne:
this just keep getting better and better. I really do not remember having so much fun beta testing an app like this on.

Nothing major, but I checked out ver55 and I see that you fixed the ordering of results to match the alias definition. Thank you for that.

I also see that you now added these hints for content that appear in the name column and count in  'location'. Wouldn't it be more helpful if you display the hints the other way around. The location column is normally wider and therefore can display more content than the name.

cnewtonne:
Mouser,
I was able to get the alias action kwords to work 2 releases ago but not any more. This is what I'm doing...
1- group alias name: kill
2- regexp: blank (left it empty)
3- results: kill $$1 | c:\program files\FindAndRunRobot\Scripts\kill.exe "$$1"
4- typing '+kill notepad' does not initiate any search.

The help topic indicated the alias name should appear with '+' sign. I did that and FARR searched for notepad but it did not execute the kill.exe with file name as argument. Instead, it simply launched notepad.

What am I missing?

mouser:
what you are saying *should* work, but it may be the placement of kill at the front that is confusing it.
if you do: "notepad +kill" does it work as expected?
if so i'll try to fix the problem with it not working on first word.

jdmarch:
mouser, sorry I've been out of the loop for the past 6 weeks, so this is my first update since early January. The new alpha has a nice clean look, except that FWIW, I do not like Fade-in, and disabled it immediately. (To me, Fade-in works for an informational popup, but as a response to my urgent summons, it is just a bad excuse for tardiness! :) Of course YMMV.)

One issue: when "check full path for multi-word even without \" is enabled, and there are multiple words in the search input field, the first word seems to be ignored. The fact that nobody has spotted this may indicate that this is not a very popular option, but I appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version