ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (66/173) > >>

cnewtonne:
Mouse,
can you please help me understand FARR behavior here...

I created an alias 'sys' defined as follows...

* RegExp: ^sys (\d+)
* Results:
LOGOFF $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -i -l -t $$1
----------------------------------------
REBOOT $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t $$1
SHUTDOWN $$1 secs | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t $$1
above INTERACTIVE | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -i
ABORT above | c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -a

Then I wanted to use the new alias search feature (note that this alias accepts an arguments i.e. number of seconds. These are the scenarios [/li][/list]

* typing 'sys' behaves as expected as seen here

* typing 'sys log' also works as expected

* typing 'sys shutdown' does not narrow it down to that entry
[/list]

My questions are ...
1- Does does FARR combine both alias search and accepting arguments if both exist?
2- Why did not typing 'sys shutdown' behave just like the others did?

Thank you

mouser:
Version 2.00.54 is now up at same url, it's a bugfix for the last version, which broke some of the alias functionality.

ps.: alias search filtering/scoring does *not* work with regular expression aliases; however i did think of a way to add it if people really want it, though it's a bit complicated because typing extra stuff can invalidate the regex or else get captured in it.  alias filtering/scoring is meant more for non-regular expression aliases.

mouser:
what would happen if you have multiple aliases sharing same 3 to 4 letters
--- End quote ---

try it on v2.00.54 - it will now partially match against all aliases and show you hints for all of the aliases (but not activate their contents).

mouser:
Note: The last few releases of FARR seem to "wake-up" noticably slower than previous releases for me; This will be fixed before final release.

scorcho:
is there any chance, or a way (if i'm dumb) of configuring FARR's pop-up dialog to respond to control+control as the the hotkey? i've used this extensively whilst i had google desktop installed, and it's instinctive for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version