ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (63/173) > >>

cnewtonne:
Mouse, few quick notes...
- Just installed ..50 and it is truly a gem. It has the most powerful feature I have ever seen in this category of software. I use key modifiers, dir searches (specific and no specific), negating search strings, and now I see you added alias group searches. This is absolutely a dream come true.

- I would like to suggest that you freeze new features for now. Let's focus on stability, performance, and bug issues so you can get an public release out.

- looking forward for the sdk. I would like to develop a plug-in to use to display process and offer the ability to manage them e.g. kill, switch.

- I use this release with ffox2 and bookmarks work just fine.

Thank you for this tremendous work.

mouser:
- I would like to suggest that you freeze new features for now. Let's focus on stability, performance, and bug issues so you can get an public release out.
--- End quote ---

Agreed.
Indexing is the one other major feature option that is still on my todo list but let's leave that for another milestone.

For now it's time to focus on stability/performance/bugfixes.

beethoven:
Mouser, I have been following this thread with some interest but given the constant changes and improvements usually just look at the headlines. I am just wondering if you have any rough idea when you may come up with a new "final" release.
I am using 1.13.02 and while I am happy to use it, I am always to keen on an improved version. However, I am not a beta or alpha tester, so I rather wait for the bugs to be eliminated by others.  I appreciate that this is what has been happening here over the last few months but it appears a bit that everyone is so excited about new features and suggestions that FARR is becoming a constantly changing and improved beast, though never any closer to a final release for the timid :huh:

mouser:
i think everyone is agreed now that there should be a feature freeze, which basically means my efforts now will be going into stability and bugfixing, so we should have a public release at the very very latest march 7.

mouser:
if anyone is having problems like teegee and wants to try a new version of the FarrFox plugin:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/FarrFox.dll
[note: if you downloaded before i posted this addendum and get an error about the config file for FarrFox being unsupported, please redownload - small bug]

download that and replace your existing FarrFox.dll in the find+run robot plugins/farrfox directory.

It now searches recursively from Mozilla/Firefox directory so shouldnt matter if you have Profiles subdir.  It also lets you specify custom file location for your FireFox bookmarks (go to advanced config and specify the full path to your bookmarks.html file).

Notice: I will be replacing FarrFox with FarrMarks soon, giving it the ability to search firefox and opera, and ie bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version