Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 25, 2014, 01:46:53 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007  (Read 324970 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2007, 09:53:18 PM »

sorry for being a dunce, but how do i enable the date column?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2007, 10:25:31 PM »

in display tab of options their are checkboxes for each column.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »

hmm.. how did i miss that? tongue

ravi_hamsa
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »

Hi

I want to play with it...

thanks

Ravi Kumar Hamsa  smiley
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2007, 04:55:07 AM »

its unlikely farr will ever be ported to linux, but these launch tools are starting to get popular so i expect linux will have some more good alternatives for linux in the coming year or so (written by others!).

Linux actually already has quite a bunch of them. most run in some kind of panel or task bar though. (or on the desktop). I yet have to see one that launches at a keypress.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2007, 05:07:04 AM »

Check out the new sound and fade in options. Cool

I also added a bunch of clipboard functionality tools (see help file).
sargonv
Supporting Member

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

I would like to beta-test  smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »

2.0.45 is up with an attempt to fix the two bugs found in 2.0.44 (note there is now an option to keep farr windows ontop, which was default in the past but is now not the default).  Let me know any more bugs.
rojer_31
Participant

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2007, 02:42:58 AM »

I would like to participate in the beta test also smiley

Seems like fun Wink
Ward
Charter Member

« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2007, 07:44:05 AM »

Can I? Can I please have a copy to test?  cheesy

devilzz
Participant

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2007, 08:23:14 AM »

Thanks for the greate App. Grin
Mouser can I get a link to the Alpha Version.
Thanks. Thmbsup
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »

Click on the mail (envelope) button underneath mouser's avatar and send him a private message to get a link for the alpha version. Nothing wrong with posting here, just that you'll likely get a quicker response and the thread won't get gummed up with requests...

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Babis
Charter Member

« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »

Thanks for implementing this option. I am not sure how it works. I went to options>heuristic scoring and gave "recency date bonus" the highest score. However when I type ".txt" the most recent text file is not on top of search results.

Well let me quote myself now. If I set the value to 9999.00 instead of 500.00, I get the result I want: most recent files come first. I thought that a value of 500 will suffice as it was the higher value in Heuristic scoring, but now everything works as wished.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2007, 02:49:22 AM »

i may just add a column sorting feature which would do what you really want in a cleaner fashion.  the problem you encountered is because it's also scoring files based on their filename length which is also effecting the score.
nontroppo
Charter Honorary Member

spinning top

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2007, 12:15:06 PM »

mouser: the clipboard functions are cool and extremely useful!  Kiss As discussed in another thread, it would be neat if you could backup the previous clipboard content and replace it after launch?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2007, 12:22:06 PM »

i remember your suggestion well and fully meant to implement that, but i see it isn't happening.  Will fix for next release.  thumbs up
ManeG
Participant

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2007, 12:29:14 PM »

Hi Mouser,
I just love find and run robot. Please send me the link.
Regards from Rio,
Maneg
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »

i have a problem in the latest alpha (2.00.46) where if i launch Farr, a Ctrl+C keystroke is sent. i realize this when Farr is launched with with Salamander in the foreground because in Salamander, Ctrl+C changes to C drive.. so i find myself having revert to the original drive after that.. Sad

and this is only happens when i launch Farr for the 1st time and after some time of inaction but once Farr is active, successive launches does not display this behaviour.. any ideas, mouser?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »

go to general options and uncheck "Auto copy selected text to clipboard" option..
perhaps i need to disable that by default..
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

"Auto copy selected text to clipboard" is quite an useful option.. perhaps Farr could make a little check if any text is selected before auto-copying?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2007, 08:06:28 PM »

I will try to do some investigation into better ways to do this..
Also another option is to have a way to specify windows/programs to exclude or include.
Tony Dodd
Supporting Member

« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »

I would like to help test this great program. Thank you!
RedFox
Participant

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2007, 03:30:31 AM »

I also want to test your FARR 2.0! The idea is great and I want to do anything to help with FARR development.
Please send me link to redfox@front.ru

Thank you!

Red Fox.
rojer_31
Participant

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2007, 10:19:27 AM »

Something which bugged me even in the original version was the option to enter certain strings that I could enter into the run menu and execute, don't work.

For eg, "startup.cpl" to run the corresponding control panel applet.

This is especially a big thing for me since I tend to use some alternate shell (blackbox is the current favourite) where the default run dialog is simply not available.

by the way, you've been doing a great job with this smiley
dpierron
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »

Cool, a new FARR ! I'd like to test it too, please cheesy

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/dpierron --- Google profile
http://davidsoft.free.fr --- De l'influence du ciel bleu sur le moral des motocyclistes
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1941488 -- Goodreads
http://davidsoft.free.fr/calibre2opds/calibre2opds -- calibre2opds
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.1 ]