ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (50/173) > >>

Josh:
Yes, it will always be visible, and the current key combos to access farr could still apply and bring focus to the entry field in the taskbar. Farr would also be quicker because you wouldnt have to bring up the main interface, as its always visible in the taskbar.

Armando:
I just think it's convenient. I have an explorer address bar on my taskbar, and even though I always have FARR running, I find myself going to the address bar a lot to quickly open directories. Maybe it just seems more readily available to me because it's always visible.
-alphaex32 (February 04, 2007, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just never use the address bar anymore. But I can understand that you like having everything in one place. It would be a bit like the Copernic bar, or the gnome deskbar (in Linux).

speaking of Linux... Mouser, have you ever thought of porting FARR to Linux? would that be hard? I tried it with Wine at some point and it kinda worked -- but I didn't try it that much since my main working platform is Windows (until I can find a replacement for every single app). (Anybody using Linux around here?  :) )

Farr would also be quicker because you wouldnt have to bring up the main interface, as its always visible in the taskbar.
-Josh (February 04, 2007, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably, yes. If it adds some speed, I'm all for it!

mouser:
its unlikely farr will ever be ported to linux, but these launch tools are starting to get popular so i expect linux will have some more good alternatives for linux in the coming year or so (written by others!).

mouser:
V2.00.42 is up (see first post in thread for details) - same secret url as before - message me for download link.

It's Mostly a minor update with bugfix, however you can call up control panel stuff (just type in control panel item description or type cpanel)
Plugins are coming soon!

This is getting close to public release time.

Josh:
PLUGINS! YEAY!!!!!!! I read control panel and the first thought that came to mind was "Can he make the alias cpanel?" and look at that, he did. You are on the ball mousey. Great job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version