ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (33/173) > >>

mouser:
Note:
The latest version (2.00.35) now tries to reduce font size on Large Font displays to eliminate the cropping of labels and stuff seen before on Large Font displays. Ironically, i think this makes the font a bit harder to read then if one were in small font mode BUT at least everything should fit on screen I hope.

CodeTRUCKER:
I've uploaded a new version with the Advanced vs. Simple mode switch.
There are a couple of items i left in simple mode just to communicate them to user (hotkeys).

I realize the right click menu is a bit complicated BUT i think it's dangerous to remove it in simple mode beause there is no easy way for the user to figure out that it is missing.  Let's just assume the right click menu is something that novice users will never see anyway since they wont be right clicking; if they right click then they are advanced enough to deserve the full thing.
-mouser (January 17, 2007, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Makes sense.

PS.
As i get ready to make this a public release i could also use some advice on a top 10 skins list from the bonus skin pack that i should include with the full release.  The skins pack download includes screenshots by the way for those who want to suggest their favorite skins.  I'd appreciate hearing your choices.

--- End quote ---

When are you wanting to go "Gold?" (read: how much time do we have to do this?)

mouser:
There's no hard and fast deadline - i was thinking it would be ready this week.. I'd like to be able to announce it in the next newsletter on Jan 22nd, so let's consider that a hard deadline.

justice:
Skins I would recommend based on the screenshots included in the skin pack:

wmpx-XMP2
VistaXP-VISTAXPS2.jpg
TD4-PANTHER.jpg
SYSTEM4
Sustenance
Royal1
RoueGrey
OpusOS
Luna
Luna (Longhorn Revolution)
LE4
Clearlooks

I have not listed any color variations specifically. Any skins which change the minimize/maximize buttons I think should not be included, nor any that had interface elements misaligned (see Head1 Head2 in the screenshots and up/down arrows). Exception for OpusOS.  :-* Tried to list the most usable ones instead of the crazy ones.

DocSavage:
Hey! I can read the options box now.  :Thmbsup:
When I installed the latest release I got an error message. attached. The error persisted after I shut down my anti-virus & re-tried the installation. Same on two machines. I got it installed by skipping the file.
Of the skins I tried, I like "longhorn" best. It fits the style of my current GUIs
dk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version