ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (31/173) > >>

mouser:
hornsts, you need a screenshot taking program that creates png formatted files - your screenshot makes my eyes bleed.
Try Screeeshot Captor: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html

DocSavage:
For what it is worth, I am only a user who is just now trying to train myself to make more use of the keyboard than the mouse.
I really like FARR. Unobtrusive & dependable little app that is out of sight until I need it, then two keys: "break" & a number (90% of the time it is 1, 2, or 3), & I am up & running with what I want to do in a couple of seconds.It is training me to work more efficiently. I have reccomended it to about a dozen friends.
I do not even understand all the options available now, but I have it set in a way that works for me. From all the discussion (which, admittedly, I don't understand a tenth of :huh:), it looks like you guys are developing a tool that an IT guy would want for server operations. This must be a good thing or you wouldn't be spending so much time & brain sweat on it.
So my suggestion is publish two versions: a "lite" version for guys like me, maybe even a little trimmed back from Ver 2.0, & a "mega" version that will probably become indispensable to guys like you. :Thmbsup:
dk

lanux128:
...my suggestion is publish two versions: a "lite" version for guys like me, maybe even a little trimmed back from Ver 2.0, & a "mega" version ...-DocSavage (January 16, 2007, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
that's a good suggestion, DocSavage but currently it's under heavy development & mouser has to move things around.. maybe things will clearer once ver.2 to reaches beta & the dust settles.. also in the meantime, if you don't need the folder search feature, you can always use ver.1 :)

mouser, i agree with Josh (from a few posts above) that this is a good time for a redesign of the options section.. ;)

CodeTRUCKER:
For what it is worth, I am only a user who is just now trying to train myself to make more use of the keyboard than the mouse... :Thmbsup:
dk
-DocSavage (January 16, 2007, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too!  My mouse hand has really started to hurt recently so I came up with an idea I'm calling "TargetKeys" for now that should be out in a month or so.   I'll put your name on a list to let you lnow once it's alive and kicking.  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
also in the meantime, if you don't need the folder search feature, you can always use ver.1
--- End quote ---

i can't think of a reason not to use version 2.  if you don't need the folder search feature, just uncheck the folder search option on the General Options tab.

My programs tend to have a lot of options because I tend to take user suggestions pretty seriously.. I appreciate that more options make it a bit more complicated to find and tweak what you want but I usually tend to err on the side of adding the option.  I do however work hard to make the defaults usable right out of the box.

I think the defaults on FARR v2 are such that most people need never open up the options dialog and change anything; just just the program as is.

I'm definitely willing to hear any suggestions about changes i should make to the default options, but i'm not inclined to make 2 different versions of the program. I would be willing to consider a "simple mode" but i'm not sure what that would be - almost all of the advanced stuff in FARR is completely invisible to the user unless they know how to use it, and it doesnt really interfere with basic use of the program does it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version