ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (28/173) > >>

hornsts:
Strange! All works fine...except for the aliases/groups.  ;)
There I set the following scores and get the listed results (in edit view/list view):
1000 -> 1000 / 1000.00
1000,10 -> 0 / 0.00
1000.10 -> 1000.09997558594 !!! / 1000.10
1000.25 -> 1000.25 ??? / 1000.25

Seems to be a different handling between alias scoring and the other scoring lists. Wouldn't it be possible to use the same? Is there really a need to use floats? Imho Integers are good enough for fine tuning scores. (And removes the bugs ;) )

mouser:
try the latest download please - and thank you for the reporting - you're a life saver.

regarding floats: it's actually a new thing for farr to use float scores - i only added it because one feature requested a lot for v2 was that the history list keep some track of how often you launched files so that they could be given higher scores, and i felt that the decay rate for items in the history list really needed to be fractional (though it's possible in retrospect that leaving it integral probably would have been ok).  Hopefully it's fixed now though so it won't matter.

CodeTRUCKER:
I just discovered this so I wanted to add my vote of confidence! :Thmbsup:

If I find anything inconsistent, I'll let you know.  This app could replace the "Start" button!

hornsts:
Ok. I missed this point as you don't use fractional scores yet. (My history score increases 1 by 1 until history auto ceiling value and result list shows only integers). So I agree in using floats for leaving enough room to give additional score on often executed programms while not raising a score to fast. But if I look at the default scores (-100, 25, 75, 100, 1000, etc.) maybe finetuning with fractionals helps not very much. So I have the following suggestions for public discussion:
1. userdefined Bonus for launch history in heuristic scoring to set a higher or lower weight on recent launches.
2. adaptive bonus system where bonus is high/low on first call and decreasing/increasing on following calls.
Examples:
first call 100; second call +50, third call +25, fourth call +12.50,...
or (100), +0.25, +0.50, +1, +2, +4,...
or 100, +1, +2, +3, +4,...
or 100, +50, +49, +48, +47,...
or increasing/decreasing x % of max. history ceiling
Am I going to farr? :-[ . I'm not a long term user of FARR (by now, but will be  :D in future). So I missed already made suggestions and this is maybe a wish for V3.

Btw. The actual history score is neither shown nor updated in result list. It always stays at 100 or rather history bonus.

Oh. And about the fraction bug... In alias/group score 1000,25 results in 0.

I hope you don't hate long posts, because I wan't to suggest another thing.
The new path completion is great, but I often need a path as a param. (e.g. mount c:\xyz\truecryptcontainer.tc, pack c:\dirtopack). So I use an regex like (^[a-z]:{1}\\+[^?:]*|^[a-z]:{1}|^\\{2}\w[^\?:]*) for my different aliases. The disadvantage is, that this fires always on path completion. For now; I have made only few aliases; this is ok. But on the long run this approach wouldn't be usable and messes up the result list. The other way is to use path completion, add a file name and then jump to the start of the line and insert the alias. Not very handy.
So I would like to have "search concatenation delimiter":
1. enter alias ex. mount
2. enter delimiter e.g. |
3. start new search after delimiter as if the edit line was blank
4. repeat step 2. or execute
FARR may ignore the delimiter by itself or one has to do it in the regex.

And finally add a shortcut (e.g. shift+arrow right) to append a filename.
That would be really great!!!

I think this is enough for now. :-[ I hope this wasn't to much.

mouser:
Btw. The actual history score is neither shown nor updated in result list. It always stays at 100 or rather history bonus.
--- End quote ---

i think what you are referring to was on request, it's an option:

(note the history score is always used when matching against what you type).

Oh. And about the fraction bug... In alias/group score 1000,25 results in 0.
--- End quote ---
thx, fixing now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version