ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (23/173) > >>

jdmarch:
Yes, I can see how this could get tricky, not obvious the best way to implement it. But here goes:

I want to be able to type this:
rox creat
and reach this:
D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Roxio Easy Media Creator 8\Data\Creator Classic.lnk

I would think that the more words were actually in the filename (as opposed to the path) the higher the score would be. So the above file, which contains "creat" (though not "rox") would rank higher than this one:
D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Roxio Easy Media Creator 8\Home.lnk
where both words are in the path, not in the filename.

Can this be nailed down? I realize that I am probably missing other sources of ambiguity.

Also, I do see that typing
\rox\ creat
does the job. So maybe I'm just really, really lazy! (But of course I am... that's why I love FARR so much :) )

Thanks again! Whatever you decide about this will work for me. Just trying to report on the user experience.

mouser:
i think i will add what you are asking as an option.

Josh:
Mouser, I must say, the option with the modifiers is PERFECT. Typing in a keyword modifier should eliminate all results as it does with the new release. Great job!

peteg05:
Hello Mouser,

all the features sound too great to wait any longer. Could you please also send me the link to the latest version?

Thanks,
peteg06

mouser:
jdmarch, i have added an option to do as you ask:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version