ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (20/173) > >>

jdmarch:
Mouser, I think it would be helpful (at least in the help file if not here) to say something about how non-contiguous search words (multiword search) are implemented.

What it looks like to me, from initial testing, is that when multiple words are typed, the first word is required text, as before, but that if subsequent words are not present then there is a big scoring penalty. It's not clear to me how path matching works; some paths that include the second word seem to get a boost, but others not.

FWIW (which may not be much!) what I would have expected intuitively is that all the specified words be equivalent in importance... via either boolean AND or OR. If they are not treated the same, then it's harder to figure out what's happening.

mouser:
its a good point jdmarch, and your comments are right on the money.

the intent is that ALL words must be present.

but in fact only the first word is really required.

i could make the other words required as well, but thought that simply penalizing them hugely would have the same basic effect while showing the user a little bit more if there are no good exact matches.  but i can fix that.

(having the first word be strictly required is important for efficiency).

jdmarch:
Here's a screen shot clip showing the apparent inconsistent treatment of the second word in the path.
Edit: never mind, the difference was due to other applicable scoring rules, not to differing treatment of the path. My bad.

nitrix-ud:
Hi mouser,

i can't wait january 12 for the public release, can you provide me with the download link ;)

Thanks a lot !

Cheers, Nitrix

Josh:
Can you resend me the links mousey? Also, did you add a separate options tab for KEYWORD launchers which are separated from group aliases?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version