ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (156/173) > >>

Lashiec:
mouser, I've been experiment with FARR this night, and I have a technical question. Does it really make a difference in reaction time to have the heaviest or the lightest memory profile in "Inactive memory use"? I'm not noticing anything, and I remember correctly, I didn't have speed problems in the old workhorse.

mouser:
the only difference these settings make is in waking up from the system tray after a long time of non-use.

jOc:
Josh actually asked for this and i kind of implemented it in an odd way -- i need to add an alias to make it easier to use. Basically i added a way to tell farr what to do if there are no results found.  See the "The noresults alias" help topic in Advanced Use:

--- ---You can now create a special alias called noresults.
If user hits enter when no results are shown, this alias will be triggered.
It can be useful if you want to do something like launch what they type directly (as if it was on path), or invoke another search program, etc.  Just use $$1 in the results.I will make a default alias for this to make it easier to use.

--- End quote ---

Aha. I thought there might already be a solution. Thanks!

But I have played with it and I don't get it. Should there be any search pattern? For example, how to throw regedit keyword to system, like it would be throug standard windows run box?

The improvement I do like very much is browsing through folders. I have a folder for which I have set high score. In that folder I put links to folders I use often. What I like is, if I start to type the name of the link (that is in that folder, having favorits links) and pres tab the alias for the link is resolved into path and you can directly browse in that *favorits* folder.
--- End quote ---

just to make sure: you are saying this is something you already can do, not requesting something new?

--- End quote ---
Of course this works. And I use it all the times. For example if you would like to browse through a folder that is deep in the hierarchy of the hard disk, what you can do is to put a link to that folder into the folder that FARR seeks. You then just type the name that you gave to link and press type and voila, FARR throws you to that folder and you can search inside that target folder.

Trilinea:
MOUSER = AWESOME! FARR ALPHA = AWESOME!  :Thmbsup:

Thank you!

:)

xbz:
Trying FARR v2 and i love it!

But.. i want to use FARR as a launchbar, so i need it to be always on top, always on screen, it is possible but it looks like this

captition is surely unnecessary here, but it cannot be turned off

second problem, when i run shortcut behind the ">>" on toolbar, i don't know how to explain... shortcut "jumps" to start of the toolbar, i thinks this is feature, but I really hate it, all shortcuts change over and over, i wish i could turn it off..

two more things and i'll love FARR forever, but it just my dreams :)
Folders for shortcuts on toolbar
Results list folding upwards not downwards, so i can place FARR at the bottom of the screen

Thanks! I love FARR!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version