ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (121/173) > >>

jnulu:
Hi 'mouser'!

The break key does not bring up FARR, tho as mentioned, the Task Manager shows it to be running.
If I launch FARR from Start/Programs/FindandRunRobot, then the Task Manager shows two instances of FARR
to be running, but still the FARR icon does not appear in the tray nor does FARR open it's search window.

Then, as 'justice' adviced, I have to kill the process in the Task Manager, rename the FindandRun Robot folder in the Program folder,
and only then, install the program once again. Once the program is installed, I delete the renamed FindandRunRobot folder.
Thanks and regards
Jay

mouser:
ok well there is no need to keep renaming and reinstalling.
when a program hangs, just bring up task manager, and right click and terminate the program, then re-run it.

however, the fact that farr is hanging is very troubling, and i need to fix whatever problem it is that is causing this.  let's talk over email and see if we can't track down this problem.

Armando:
however, the fact that farr is hanging is very troubling, and i need to fix whatever problem it is that is causing this.
-mouser (June 04, 2007, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Mouser,
Just want to let you know that Farr v2.00.78 hangs here too, from time to time (sorry, haven't got the time to check the latest version) -- doesn't happen very freequently though. Yes, it generaly behaves well and I still use it all day (and night).
I didn't mention hte hanging because it seemed that I had other problems almost nobody else has here (like the positionning problem mentionned earlier in the thread -- it does happens again, for some weird reason : Farr just won't remember its position. I thought it was fixed the last time I reinstalled it, but the problem eventually came back.)

Concerning the hanging problem : Farr will eat all my CPU resources and will not show up when I hit the keyboard shortcut key. Have to kill it through task manager and restart it.

mouser:
hi armando, i've sent you a link to the latest, let's see if it still happens.
I *need* to get this problem fixed asap because i want to open farr to public beta in the next week or so.

jnulu:
Thanks, Jesse.
Please check your email.

Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version