Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 20, 2014, 03:02:11 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007  (Read 327943 times)
jnulu
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #600 on: June 04, 2007, 12:33:19 AM »

Hi 'mouser'!

The break key does not bring up FARR, tho as mentioned, the Task Manager shows it to be running.
If I launch FARR from Start/Programs/FindandRunRobot, then the Task Manager shows two instances of FARR
to be running, but still the FARR icon does not appear in the tray nor does FARR open it's search window.

Then, as 'justice' adviced, I have to kill the process in the Task Manager, rename the FindandRun Robot folder in the Program folder,
and only then, install the program once again. Once the program is installed, I delete the renamed FindandRunRobot folder.
Thanks and regards
Jay
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:35:36 AM by jnulu » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »

ok well there is no need to keep renaming and reinstalling.
when a program hangs, just bring up task manager, and right click and terminate the program, then re-run it.

however, the fact that farr is hanging is very troubling, and i need to fix whatever problem it is that is causing this.  let's talk over email and see if we can't track down this problem.
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »

however, the fact that farr is hanging is very troubling, and i need to fix whatever problem it is that is causing this.
Hi Mouser,
Just want to let you know that Farr v2.00.78 hangs here too, from time to time (sorry, haven't got the time to check the latest version) -- doesn't happen very freequently though. Yes, it generaly behaves well and I still use it all day (and night).
I didn't mention hte hanging because it seemed that I had other problems almost nobody else has here (like the positionning problem mentionned earlier in the thread -- it does happens again, for some weird reason : Farr just won't remember its position. I thought it was fixed the last time I reinstalled it, but the problem eventually came back.)

Concerning the hanging problem : Farr will eat all my CPU resources and will not show up when I hit the keyboard shortcut key. Have to kill it through task manager and restart it.

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

hi armando, i've sent you a link to the latest, let's see if it still happens.
I *need* to get this problem fixed asap because i want to open farr to public beta in the next week or so.
jnulu
Supporting Member

« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »

Thanks, Jesse.
Please check your email.

Jay
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »

hi armando, i've sent you a link to the latest, let's see if it still happens.
I *need* to get this problem fixed asap because i want to open farr to public beta in the next week or so.

I just sent you a PM and forgot to mention that FARR now remembers its position. Don't know why it would now, but am happy it does  smiley

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #606 on: June 06, 2007, 01:11:01 AM »

Hi Mouser.
Just wanted to tell you that Farr hanged again, 10 min ago. It happened after I double clicked on a file name (in FARR's main list window) to open it. it opened the file, and then hanged.
It might have nothing to do with that though.
(In fact, I even wonder if Kaspersky IS 6.0 -- which I'm trialing at the moment, still one week before I probably remove it -- could be incriminated. it's been incredibly obstrusive... But that's really pure, pure, speculation.)
Going to bed now.

Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #607 on: June 06, 2007, 10:54:44 PM »

Armando, i once had the same problem with the alpha but after killing Farr.. i renamed the ini file and let Farr generate a new one. after that, it was all okay, just passing on the nfo.. smiley

cnewtonne
Honorary Member

« Reply #608 on: June 06, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »

I've experienced FARR hanging when it was searching in places that contained links to network resources or UNC paths. Mouser is aware of it and I think he's getting it fixed. But to diagnose your issues, turn on the status bar and see at what folder or place it is hanging. See if it happens on same place and dig into it to find out if you have any links to network shares.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #609 on: June 06, 2007, 11:52:19 PM »

It happened after I double clicked on a file name (in FARR's main list window) to open it. it opened the file, and then hanged.

that seems like quite a clue, but it still seems like it is hanging in different places for those of you where it does hang.. i still suspect it could be unc issue.

can you guys try 2.00.99 and tell me if this version also hangs on you.
jnulu
Supporting Member

« Reply #610 on: June 07, 2007, 12:15:42 AM »

Mouser,

A mentioned in my earlier posts, I was having problems on the PC at home with v2.00.82
However, I still run this version on my PC at work, successfully till date.

Now on my PC at home, I am running v2.00.97 for the last three days.
There have been no problems so far.

Will keep you posted of developments, if any.

Jay
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #611 on: June 07, 2007, 12:19:51 AM »

OK.
As I told you, mouser, the last version you sent me didn't do the trick, but I renamed the ini file, as Lanux suggested and the "double clicking on a file name causes Farr to hang" problem disappeared. At least, that seems to now be solved.
But why did the old ini caused a problem ? No idea...  embarassed

Glenn Gould
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #612 on: June 07, 2007, 12:33:12 AM »

please send me both ini files.
alessio
Participant

« Reply #613 on: June 07, 2007, 01:20:02 AM »

Mouser,

First big thank you for FARR. I really can not imagine how could I live before without it.

I have one feature request tough. Maybe it is already implemented in new farr, I am using 2.00.82.
Could you possibly add an option to exclude certain subfolders from search?
For example, I have installed Cygwin in c:\program files\ and I want to exclude it
from search because the Cygwin subfolder is really big (2GB).

alessio
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #614 on: June 07, 2007, 05:07:14 AM »

armando, you have changed your avatar! am i the 1st to notice? smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #615 on: June 07, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »

I have one feature request tough. Maybe it is already implemented in new farr, I am using 2.00.82.
Could you possibly add an option to exclude certain subfolders from search?

you can currently do this in a very cumbersome way by adding the folder to ignore on the pattern scoring tab but it's really an annoying way to make users to do it and prone to errors, and slows down search. 

So, let me add this feature today, it's clearly something needed.
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »

armando, you have changed your avatar! am i the 1st to notice? smiley

Actually, you might be the 2nd.  cheesy

check this thread, you'll understand : http://www.donationcoder....ic=8787.new;topicseen#new

Glenn Gould
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2007, 04:09:17 PM »

alessio, new version with subfolder exclusion is now available.

New search folder dialog:
teegee543
Supporting Member

« Reply #618 on: June 07, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »

Hi mouser. I got really excited about the new version you put out today, but the original link you sent me to the alpha versions no longer works for some reason. Have you changed the location of the beta file?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to testing out the latest version.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #619 on: June 07, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »

ah, i see now.. armando.. smiley

to mouser, ini file thingy seemed to be working in the new version.. after installing, i just dropped the old renamed ini into the folder & nothing out of the ordinary happened.. smiley btw, like teegee, i'm curious which is the new d/l link?

alessio
Participant

« Reply #620 on: June 08, 2007, 03:19:02 AM »

alessio, new version with subfolder exclusion is now available.

Great! That is very useful addition. Thank you, Mouser.

alessio
mmenfin
Participant

« Reply #621 on: June 09, 2007, 04:12:00 AM »

ok, i have found why my 2.00.82 version doesn't load. it is caused by the FARRfox plugin.
if i delete the farrfox.cfi file, farr loads and recreates a new one. the old one is empty (0 Ko). the same empty file with the 2.00.100 version works, FARR rewrite a new one without hanging.

don't known if it will help you, as the 100 version work fine, but...

smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2007, 01:54:30 AM »

Can anyone who has experienced any hanging try downloading the new version (2.00.104) and let me know if it ever hangs on you?  Armando really helped me track down at least one potential cause of it and maybe we'll get lucky and this will put an end to all hanging bugs.
alessio
Participant

« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2007, 05:08:45 AM »

Can anyone who has experienced any hanging try downloading the new version (2.00.104) and let me know if it ever hangs on you?

I am also experiencing FARR v2.00.82 not starting up correctly. I have to manually kill the FARR in task manager, btw it is consuming
50% of CPU.

Mouser, could you send me link for new version?

alessio
JeffC
Supporting Member

« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »

I am currently using v2.00.82 ALPHA but seem unable to download the latest alpha version using the normal link - has this changed?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0 ]