Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 06:40:11 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007  (Read 326404 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »

thanks warbird, then i might just be able to fix add unicode support to the edit box smiley
can you email me (mouser@donationcoder.com) so we can be in direct contact when i have a version to test?
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2007, 03:03:54 AM »

Hi mouser !

i have a small feature request, is it possible to have a "link" in the contextual menu of an alias (in the result list) to go to its edit dialog ?
It would be very very handy to slightly modify an existing alias...

Cheers, Nitrix
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2007, 03:09:42 AM »

good idea -- putting it on todo list.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2007, 05:09:09 AM »

I have got another problem, FARR seem to have stopped search results in the history. It began between the version 2.0.60 and 2.0.68.
I think that this bug might have passed unnoted. It presists in V2.00.76. I'm noticing it because it's one of the features i most use in Farr. smiley

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:14 AM »

2 newbish questions:

1) When I search for a term and say 6 results show up, pressing the number doesn't go to it, but instead gets typed.

2) How do I open 5 pre-defined URLs in tabs in a tabbed browser, say Opera by typing a single alias?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:40:12 AM by sri » Logged

warbird
Supporting Member

« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2007, 08:39:04 AM »

For the first question, alt+number will launch the app for that number. For the second one, you have to see if your browser has some switches to allow links to be able to open in a new tab.

http://www.opera.com/docs/switches/

opera seems to use -newpage
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2007, 01:08:53 PM »

#1: what warbird said (OR you can use function keys OR you can configure FARR to launch on number key press OR you can use numpad).
#2: if you make an alias with the 5 urls, then you can type the alias and hit Ctrl+Alt+Enter to launch all.

If people are interested i could add a flag to each alias to let you say that these should all launch as a group by default.
thomthowolf
Charter Member

Bad software makes me tired

« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »

If people are interested i could add a flag to each alias to let you say that these should all launch as a group by default.
This seems like a really good idea.  I am currently creating batch files and including them in the alias to allow me to launch a single program or the whole lot, but a switch would be easier and faster.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

Could there be possibly an option to center FARR at the first start. Currently it is positioned anywhere on the screen, but there is no option to re-place it to ease handling.

Ok... I have the same problem. Noticed it after rebooting my computer (BSODs makes it compulsory...).
But even if I cleanly exit Farr, it will not remember it's position at first launch.
And, of course, after I position it, it will remember its spot for the subsequent triggering.... Until I need to exit and restart.

Small bug ? Never had that problem before v2.00.71 I  think.

i might try to install v2.00.76, maybe, and see...  But I shall try to figure out my BSOD problem first, though.

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2007, 11:39:42 PM »

Mouser,

I have a shortcut on my desktop named 'SAP Logon'. In FARR, it shows up when I type 'SAP', but the moment I actually type the exact name 'SAP Logon', it doesn't show up. Is this the expected behavior? Shouldn't it show when am typing the exact shortcut name?

Here is a screencast of what am talking about:

http://www.sridhareena.co...creencasts/FARR/FARR.html

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »

wow that's really weird sri..  let's try to figure it out on irc rather than in this thread but it sure sounds like a bug; the SAP related alias you have sounds like it might be causing the problem.. try examining the alias or changing it and see if you can discover what is making the bug happen. definitely looks like a bug!
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »

It certainly has to do w/ the alias. Once I disabled the 'sapmats' alias, FARR is behaving the way it should.

I'll catch you in IRC in the evening. (am at work now)

mja
Charter Member

« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »

Hey mouser - Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this before. But I just increased the number of results to display in the normal results list from 8 to 10 and I noticed that the Alt+# launch keys only go up to 9, leaving the last entry without a number. I think it would be nice if you were able to use 0-9 as well as possibly a Letter for anything past the first 10 entries. It also may be useful to have the launch key differentiated from the actual name a bit more in the display. I'm not sure if have a letter - program name will get confusing for people.

For example something like:
[copy or print]
[0] Program 1
[1] Program 2

Thanks for the great program.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:03:19 AM by mja » Logged
gottadoit
Charter Member

« Reply #488 on: April 19, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »

A minor addition but potentially quite useful (seeing as I just noticed that the alpha I am running is a bit behind the times)
How about a "Check for New Version" from the help menu
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

« Reply #489 on: April 19, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »

A minor addition but potentially quite useful (seeing as I just noticed that the alpha I am running is a bit behind the times)
How about a "Check for New Version" from the help menu

good idea, i think an special word would be even better "gocheckversion"
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #490 on: April 20, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

Could there be possibly an option to center FARR at the first start. Currently it is positioned anywhere on the screen, but there is no option to re-place it to ease handling.

Ok... I have the same problem.
[...] even if I cleanly exit Farr, it will not remember it's position at first launch.
And, of course, after I position it, it will remember its spot for the subsequent triggering.... Until I need to exit and restart.

[...]

Nobody has that problem ? v2.00.76 and v2.00.71  behave the same.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:01:13 PM by Armando » Logged

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
antispin
Supporting Member

« Reply #491 on: April 22, 2007, 06:33:15 AM »

A few issues here:

1. Running Vista Ultimate
2. @120 dpi
3. Problem #1 persists at lower dpi as well
4. Problem #2 goes away at the default 96dpi

Problem:

1. Generally, the status bar is not visible (120dpi) or half-visible (96dpi)
2. At higher dpi, a drop-down menu opens a few pixels away from the drop-down button -- as if detached

I have attached some screenshots that might better explain the situation:
Bug_1.jpg and bug_2.jpg show the detached daughter from the drop down box. Bug_3.jpg shows the non-existent status bar (note that the status bar was half-visible at 96dpi).

* bug_1.jpg (28.66 KB, 504x287 - viewed 331 times.)

* bug_2.jpg (77.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 330 times.)

* bug_3.jpg (44.7 KB, 505x480 - viewed 326 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #492 on: April 22, 2007, 06:37:48 AM »

Thanks for the report antispin, i really need to tackle these vista issues asap.
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #493 on: April 22, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »

[...] even if I cleanly exit Farr, it will not remember it's position at first launch.

[...]

Interresting.

I uninstalled FARR completely, reinstalled the latest alpha, and now it remembers its position. Weird. It even seems a tad faster.

I'm crossing my fingers : maybe will my BSOD problems go away too... undecided

Morale de l'histoire : afterall, installing over previous versions might not be such a great idea...

By the way, in complete despair, I tried Enso (Humanized) and Launchy. Hmmmm.... Came back to Farr in 15min. I am not saying the other don't have potential... They're just not there yet  Wink

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:51:44 PM by Armando » Logged

Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2007, 09:56:33 PM »

ignore this if already mentioned.. in the latest alpha (v2.00.76), i have this error popping up whenever i close the alias edit box. doesn't affect the functionality but it is there.. smiley

here is the screenshot:

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #495 on: April 23, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »

i found this one but it's fixed already in 2.00.78; i guess i forgot to post about it.
redownload and see if its gone.
powerandy
Supporting Member

Don't dream it, do it!

« Reply #496 on: April 24, 2007, 11:45:41 PM »

[...]

Interresting.

I uninstalled FARR completely, reinstalled the latest alpha, and now it remembers its position. Weird. It even seems a tad faster.

I'm crossing my fingers : maybe will my BSOD problems go away too... undecided

Morale de l'histoire : afterall, installing over previous versions might not be such a great idea...

By the way, in complete despair, I tried Enso (Humanized) and Launchy. Hmmmm.... Came back to Farr in 15min. I am not saying the other don't have potential... They're just not there yet  Wink

Checked, but not acknowledged! What a pity.....

- Powerandy -
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:15:48 AM by powerandy » Logged
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2007, 12:19:45 AM »

Checked, but not ack! What a pity.....

Maybe it's my bad english... What does that mean ?  smiley

Ack... Guess you are refering to the "ack" searching tool ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:22:56 AM by Armando » Logged

Glenn Gould
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2007, 12:33:46 AM »

could be any one from these.. smiley

Source: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ACK

Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2007, 12:45:55 AM »

I vote for Anti-Capitalist Kananaskis. Sounds fun.  Kiss

Glenn Gould
Pages: Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.057s | Server load: 0.17 ]