ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (60/173) > >>

mouser:
TucknDar:  All your comments i agree with, and will be fixing.  I've been working on my plugin system for last couple of weeks and i've finally got it working (at least the basics) so as soon as i wrap that up ill get back to ironing out all these issues and then we can have something nice :)

TucknDar:
Excellent, mouser!

Looking much forward to the plugin system  :up:

dclagoa:
Hi all,
since last week i have also noticed the "bug" with the tooltips as TucknDar pointed out, don't know if as tranglos said is a winxp issue, but i haven't noticed the tooltip in any other application as far as I remember. I also don't know if the farr main window is created/destroyed from the tray or it's simply hidden/showed, if it is destroyed, definitely is a winxp bug, if it is only hidden, maybe it could be a farr bug.

I'm also wainting eagerly for the plugin system. It would be cool a plugin to interact with foobar2000. :D

jgpaiva:
+1 for the tooltip bug (not that's a big issue)

I also have another bug to report. If you search for a file and use the right-click menu to launch it, farr stays up. The problem is that it can get on the background, and pressing the hotkey won't bring it forward. So, i just ended up thinking that farr became unresponsive when what really happened was that it was the last window in the Z-order and the hotkey wouldn't make it come up.

mouser:
keep the bug reports coming - it's not that i'm not listening it's that im working every day on plugin system and some new features that i think are very cool.

i finally added ability to filter and score within an alias.  so if you have an alias group list of 20 programs you can now type the alias name followed by some more words to filter and score from within your list.  extrememely useful if you have big aliases.

i also added a feature Joto calls search templates, which basically lets you make regular expression shorthands for more complicated searches:

This can be very useful when you have certain search strings that you reuse often.

For example, let's say you often do a searches like this :

+audio .mp3 Dylan
+audio .mp3 Blondie
+audio .mp3 Bratmobile

You can now create an alias which makes this easier.  Just create a new alias, give it any name you want, and choose a regular expression pattern, like

^msearch (.*)

And now the important part.  for the results, put a single entry as follows:

dosearch +audio .mp3 $$1

Now when this pattern is matched by the user typing something like:

msearch Dylan

Then FARR will behave as if the user had typed:

+audio .mp3 Dylan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version