ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR v2.00.140 ALPHA PREVIEW Release - Aug 15, 2007

<< < (56/173) > >>

DocSavage:
I, too, would like the link to ver 2.00.45
Thanks,
dk

mouser:
ps. no need to post when you want to try the alpha, just click the little balloon icon under my name on the left and send me a private message requesting the download.  :up:

perlguy:

Let's see how many of your requests already exist :)
you can now hide column headers, status bar, and toolbar (just drag toolbar to full right and buttons are gone :)
-mouser (February 09, 2007, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... gained 1 new feature (hide headers), learned about 1 existing feature (shoving toobar off the window) and lost one old feature: I can get used to it, but I really liked having the "Edit Bar at Bottom" option.  I could park FARR at/near the bottom of the screen, and the edit bar would always be in the same place, and the window would grow/shrink above it.

Also maybe already covered here) the Results Display Style radio buttons are greyed out - so no small icons/large icons available - which I never use, just thought I'd mention it.

Check out the path completion and hopefully it does what you want.
-mouser

-mouser (February 09, 2007, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty close - again, it's not exactly the same behaviour as the Run box but it's something I think I could get used to.

Being able to scroll through all files/folders is handy sometimes.  But that would mean having an option to enable Explicit Directory Searching to use a scrolling listbox for output instead a static display of the N item, ordered search results window you currently use.  The scrolling list would be alpha sorted, preferably (or make options available to change sort order).

Another useful option related to this would be separate max limits for normal searches vs. explicit directory searches?  For normal searches, 9 items has always been plenty - I don't think I've ever gone past the 3rd result item. But for file/directory browsing, I could see needing as many as 50 results visible - if scrolling all results is not an option.

And if you add back in the option of "Edit Box at Bottom", could you add an option to reverse the display of the search results - #1 at bottom?

mouser:
the idea to add a separate limit for dir completion results (presumably higher than for file searching) is not a bad idea at all.

perlguy:
Something else for a feature request: Edit Box and Display Results font selection. 

Is it by design that the new Edit Box font is different than the list results?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version