ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Error upon closing ProcessTamerConfigurator.exe

(1/3) > >>

QwertyWI:
 :tellme:

I have the latest version of Process Tamer, and so far it seems to be working fine... However in the last week I have noticed that when I try to bring up the ProcessTamer Configuration program and then try to CLOSE it, I keep getting the following error:

The instruction at "0x7c80cf6d" referenced memory at "0x7815ecdf". The memory could not be "read". --- ERROR

Has anybody else come accross this error... it is REALLY annoying because it occurs upon bootup also....

Thanks!

mouser:
that is really strange, i've not heard of that before.

can you do this for me:
exit process tamer completely
go to the process tamer directory and rename ProcessTamer.ini to ProcessTamerBAK.ini
then restart, and see if the error is gone.

if so, please send me your renamed bad ProcessTamerBAK.ini to [email protected]

QwertyWI:
I already tried a clean install.. no good.  This is the "STOCK" ini file which I left... Are there any registry entries to look for?

FileVersion=1

Window.Left=-4

Window.Top=19

Window.Width=1288

Window.Height=695

ActivePage=1

HideLowCPUs=1

CheckBoxRemoveOldProcs=1

StartWithWindows=0

SortOrder_CpuInstant=0

SortOrder_CpuAvg=0

SortOrder_AppName=0

SortOrder_Priority=0

SortOrder_Rule=0

[Settings]

LeftClickLaunch=

LaunchCaption=

Logging=0

BalloonTipsTame=1

BalloonTipsUnTame=1

BalloonTipsExplicit=1

BalloonTipsForeground=0

ForegroundBoost=0

ForegroundProtect=0

AutoRunHighPriority=0

CpuTriggerHigh=70

CpuTriggerLow=8

CpuMinInterval=8

CpuSmoothing=80

TameCpuEnable=1

DoubleClickMethod=0

[Rules]

RuleStrings=

mouser:
have you installed any program designed to turn off unneeded processes on your computer lately, like XPlite, or otherwise disables the "Performance Monitor" process?

and can you tell me what Operating System you are using?

QwertyWI:
Currently using XP Home... the only thing I have done since the last time was to update my wireless networking drivers.... I had caught a spyware that was promptly removed though.... I really have not had this issue in a LONG time.... are there any other DLL's that I should be checking for that I might need to replace?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version