topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Tower Defence: Flash Game of the Day  (Read 44281 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tower Defence: Flash Game of the Day
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 09:14 AM »
I found a similar game to this, called Master of Defense. You can play online or download the Windows version here. The download is a trial version but I bought it because it's an awesome game!

P.S. I made it to level 81 in Tower Defense. The trick is to use only plant towers. Put them in line with the three horizontal paths on the right. You will have 3, 4 and 4 towers. You may lose some citizens in the early levels, but once you upgrade the towers sufficiently you will get very far easily.

I want to see a screen shot of where your towers are when you get to level 81. I did get to level 77 using only green towers (and one blue to catch the ones that got away from the greens early on) and I tried putting 3 on the top row, 4 on the middle and 4 on the bottom row... Didn't quite make it that far, though.

sipsake

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 06:17 PM »
I enjoyed the game for a while, but only made it up to 70. Afterwards just too frustrating so I began loosing interest.

Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 12:38 AM »
I want to see a screen shot of where your towers are when you get to level 81. I did get to level 77 using only green towers (and one blue to catch the ones that got away from the greens early on) and I tried putting 3 on the top row, 4 on the middle and 4 on the bottom row... Didn't quite make it that far, though.

Unfortunately I don't have that screenshot :( But I made a screenshot of the placement and which towers to upgrade first.

TD.pngTower Defence: Flash Game of the Day

The highlighted towers should be upgraded to level 4 before all other towers are upgraded so that they have sufficient range. After that, start upgrading all other towers gradually, including the highlighted towers. You may lose 5 or 6 citizens before wave 20, but the remaining citizens will last a long time.
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 01:20 AM »
Cool I got to level 82 using your method.

GeorgeH

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 06:26 PM »
I feel pretty good about managing to get to a score of 72 myself. :)