topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Pasting into Live Mail Desktop  (Read 4728 times)

AndyPopely

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Pasting into Live Mail Desktop
« on: December 18, 2006, 05:22 PM »
In Screenshot Captor I have the option "Copy Image to Clipboard" set

In Windows Live Mail Desktop you can paste into the body of the compose email the contents of the clipboard.

When I capture an active window using ALT-PrintScrn and Screenshot Captor isn't running I can CTRL-V and the image pastes into the body of the Live Mail Desktop email without problem.

If I'm running Screenshot Captor and use ALT-PrintScrn, the image is in the clipboard but when I CTRL-V into the Live Mail Desktop compose window only the outline of the image appears, not the image itself.

I've tried different file types PNG, JPG etc - no luck

I'm running XP Home SP2 and have tried Screenshot Captor 2.25.03 and 2.28.06 with the same result.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Pasting into Live Mail Desktop
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:16 PM »
well youve already tried the one thing i was thinking to recommend, changing to jpg mode.

let's see if we can try an experiment:

capture a window once when screenshot captor is NOT runing, and just do a ctrl+v when in windows file explorer to save the image data to a file.  Test paste in mail make sure it works.

then capture same window when screenshot captor IS running, and do a ctrl+v again in windows file explorer to save this image data to a file.  Test paste in mail make sure it still doesnt work, as expected.

Send me the files ([email protected]).

Maybe you could also send me a screenshot of how it looks when you paste it into the mail program.

The one thing i can think of is that maybe sc is creating a high-color image and the other isnt, and somehow thats confusing it..

AndyPopely

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Pasting into Live Mail Desktop
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32 PM »
I've sent you the results .........