ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

some surprises

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
i've got some real fun features in store for you guys with the next beta... i hope you'll be happily surprised.
virtual folders and ability to make your own virtual folders (see your favorites, recent clips, etc).

recursive note lists (something i've been wanting for a long time in other notes programs).

complete backup and restore system to insure you don't lost anything.

i'll definitely have a beta available by monday.

there's still quite a lot of work to do - i've spent so much time getting the infrastructure working right; been kinda painful actually.  but i hope the results are worth it.

mouser:
what i could really use though is some examples of innovative features that you guys/gals like in other notes programs.

kfitting:
You creating a notes program? ;)  Heh, heh!

I have some suggestions I just thought about for the clipboard aspect. 

- Combining clips into one big clip.  Most useful for copying large multipage articles from the internet. 
- Being able to strip pics and such from the above mentioned clips.

Just thought about those today when I went to copy an article.  Cant wait for Monday!

Kevin

mouser:
combine clips - good idea.

yes, this is going to be a full notes tool - it's too late to turn back now.

strip pictures and stuff - definitely.
i havent gotten to capturing multimedia (pics, rtf) yet - i've been working, believe it or not, steadily every day on this, and it's been all about the database and core functionality so far.

kfitting:
yes, this is going to be a full notes tool - it's too late to turn back now.
--- End quote ---

Nice, Nice!  With that decided I would say a name change and advertising info change is in order. 

My only concern with going full notes editor is that I dont need a notes program but I really like the extended clipboard functionality.  Will there be a way to use <Newly named Program> in this role without hogging resources?  On the flipside, some people may want to use it as a notes program and not as a clipboard tool... how will that be handled?  Will there be more of a stand alone program role?

I heartily agree that the direction you are going with it seriously blurs the lines between the two and I dont think it's a stretch... I just like Keynote!  ;)   But, since you are going that route, you may want to head to some notes manager forums and see what people are asking for.  Just keep in mind that you have opened yourself up to a "word processor" expectation!

One question I just thought of: with the switch to a more notes program paradigm are you still going to have the windows spell checking object?  If you are could you give a little more info on that, especially regarding what other programs you can check spelling in.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version