ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

New Disclosure Line Required When you Write a Mini-Review

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
We have not had any cases of the author of a mini-review writing a review for payment, but with all the current publicity around these pay-per-post services which are paying people to write about products, i thought we should be proactive.

I have added a field to the mini review template which explicitly requires mini-review authors to disclose any relationship they might have with a product/company they are reviewing.  This will be present in our full reviews as well:

Remember, any time you write about any program/service whose relationship to you is not obvious by the nature of the post, you must disclose your relationship. Furthermore, we do not allow people to make paid posts on this forum, even with disclosure.

I think these rules are important in ensuring that the opinions you read on this forum and website reflect the real views of real people.

Unlike many sites, we welcome authors to post about their own software here, in the appropriate places and with a clear indication that they are talking about their own stuff.

nudone:
good idea.

mrHappy:
in theory great idea, but who's too say that people won't lie when writing something in it.

mouser:
Well we can't stop people from lying.. All we can do is make it clear that it won't be tolerated here and eliminate the possibilities of mistakes and excuses.

If we found out someone was being paid to write good things about a program we would publicly warn people to stay away from it, so I think that is enough of an incentive to keep people from trying it here.

Lashiec:
For now, we'll take enthusiastic reviews with a grain of salt... unless it's Zaine Ridling talking about XYplorer or me about Opera ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version