ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Top 10 Worst Portrayals of Technology in Film

(1/4) > >>

zridling:
GideonTech has a list of the Top 10 Worst Portrayals of Technology in Film. I couldn't finish the first hour of the winner, which wasn't even on my radar. The screenshots and reasons why these are so bad is a good read.

(10) Wargames - 1983
(09) The Italian Job - 2003
(08) Antitrust - 2001
(07) Hackers - 1995
(06) Transporter 2 - 2005
(05) Swordfish - 2001
(04) Goldeneye - 1995
(03) Mission Impossible 1 - 1996
(02) Jurassic Park - 1993
(01) Firewall - 2006

Josh:
While I agree with most, how can war games be on the "Worst" list? It is by far, one of the more accurate accounts of technology at its time. While the problem I have with it is the fact that back in the day you couldnt use the old style modem like he did (auto-dial, since you had to manually establish the call first and then put it on the receiver), it was fairly accurate.

mouser:
i agree with josh that putting war games on that list is a crime and travesty.

relatively speaking, war games may be one of the most accurate protrayals of computer technology ever seen in a mainstream movie.

lanux128:
yeah, how come ID4 didn't make it to the list? infecting alien ships with a virus.. how did they interface?

btw, i think Antitrust is quite a decent tech/thriller movie.

Josh:
What we need is a top 10 most accurate portayal of technology list.

Also, why did the matrix not make the list? The idea that they shove a metal rod which is about half a foot in length into the back of your skull is laughable. How in the hell would they have implanted that without damaging the brain or nervous system/cerebelum which is near that area?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version