topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I upgraded, new URLSnooper dissapears  (Read 5212 times)

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
I upgraded, new URLSnooper dissapears
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:42 PM »
After doing an install on 2.14.02 I got a screen much different than the previous version.  Just 'File' and 'Help' in the menu bar.  The wizard found my network card np.  Anytime I clicked to do anything, the whole program vanished off the screen.  I tried the two choices I've mentioned, and rebooted.  I ran WMP, then URLSnooper, and a right-click on a found URL.  No icons in the system tray, nothing.  I tried reboot, and reinstall by a manual unzip.  I successfully uninstalled, and put an old version back on my comp np.  Since I did the uninstall, I might be useless to help with figuring out the problem, but I wanted to post it just in case the information is usefull.

Thanks for your time and a great program. 
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: I upgraded, new URLSnooper dissapears
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:11 PM »
thanks for the heads up mateek - i wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem..
can you tell me what older version you are using that works?

ps.
the new version still has the features of the old version, you just have to go to File -> Advanced mode and you will see your old familiar interface.

if you want to try the new version again, you might try deleting the old UrlSnooper.ini file before you run the new version in case there was something there confusing it..

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:31 PM »
I'm using v2.05.01.  I'd kinda guessed I was in a simple mode, but the v2.14 dissappeared first click every time.  As for the URLSnoopersettings, I just pulled it out of the recycle bin, as I'd reinstalled the old working version in a new folder, and deleted the old one.  Nothing looks screwy with it, but I'm no programmer.  Thanks for the advice.  I can't tell you enough how awesome the 'Snoop' is.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Url Snooper is what landed me here (300 posts later,woot !)

Yeah,i haven't had any hangups with 2.14.02,but i've had hickups with pasts versions before and it was
usually cured by making absolute sure the install folder was out of the program files folder.I would uninstall
old and install new emediately afterwards,and the installer would barf when it came to winpcap installer or
something strange,everyone's system is different,sometimes a complete reboot is in order.

Some helpful links that make Urlsnooper all the more useful and fun

WinPcap 4.0 beta3
http://www.winpcap.org/

My newest toy
VideoGet-i just started using this,it's not perfect,but it's worth tinkering around with.Costs $12.99
http://nuclear-coffee.com/php/index.php

There is some free stuff out there too

https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=2403.0

I have a thread somewhere around here i can't seem to find but it has whole bunch of download managers,
just make sure you get one that can get streaming media,all the more fun. :Thmbsup: