ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Warning: FireFox renders slow like a turtle in a coma

<< < (3/3)

Carol Haynes:
I haven't got too many extensions in FF 2 and I actually find it marginally faster than IE 7 (one it is on the desktop - it does take longer for the initial app loading)

If I open lots of unread messages in TABS via the UNREAD POSTS page I certainly find it considerably quicker than IE 7 - IE's tabs are incredibly slow (to the point of almost being unusable for that purpose).

I regularly open upto 20-25 tabs all at once and FF wins hands down every time (irrespective of content).

mouser:
i couldn't agree more about new tab opening - you said it well.  opening a new tab in IE is inexplicably slow to the point of being unusable.  i also love the options in the Tab Mix Plus extension.  1000x better than IE tabs.

lanux128:
whenever i install Fx, i'd go for the custom install so that i can uncheck the Talkback option & DOM inspector.. not that it's proven to be faster or anything but so far i've had no complaints, even with Fx 2.0. also as advised by dk70, disable "smooth scrolling"..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version