ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Volt - v0.0.6 - December 17, 2006

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
Good to hear.  So, does it work in Vista?  I'm curious to know.

jbeek:
Cool program!  Just in case you're looking for ideas  :)  , what do you think of adding an on-screen display of the volume level (and mute state) as the hotkeys are pressed (if that's even possible)?

skwire:
Cool program!
-jbeek (July 17, 2007, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.

Just in case you're looking for ideas  :)  , what do you think of adding an on-screen display of the volume level (and mute state) as the hotkeys are pressed (if that's even possible)?
-jbeek (July 17, 2007, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I went with the tray icon approach since it's always visible (provided you don't auto-hide the taskbar). However, what you suggest is easily done.  What did you have in mind?  Coloured bars?

jbeek:
I went with the tray icon approach since it's always visible (provided you don't auto-hide the taskbar). However, what you suggest is easily done.  What did you have in mind?  Coloured bars?
-skwire (July 17, 2007, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, something along those lines.  Maybe the word "Volume" next to a series of short vertical bars in the middle of the screen, with a bar for every 10% or so.  Not sure what to do about the mute state...either a "Mute" and "Unmute" replacing the bars, or simply an "x" for mute and the bars for whatever the current volume level is for unmute.

I agree, the system tray icon is pretty handy (I like Volumetray's "BlackSquare" myself)...on-screen bars would just mean not having to look down to find it.  It's really no biggie, I like your program as it is; the bars would just give it that little bit extra to make it perfect.

Thanks!

skwire:
jbeek, check your PMs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version