ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Volt - v0.0.6 - December 17, 2006

<< < (4/5) > >>

skwire:
Apologies for the trouble.  The capability has been in there this whole time.  For whatever reason, I haven't linked to the OSD zip.  Extract this to your Volt folder and choose Reload from the tray menu.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/volt/Volt-OSD.zip

Just thought I'd mention that I had to use Windows XP Compatibility Mode to get Volt (1.0.1 build 3) to work with Windows 7. -ander2255 (September 18, 2011, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, on my website I do state it's for Windows XP and below.  Honestly, with all the changes to the sound sub-system in Windows 7, I'm surprised it works at all.  Thanks for testing!   :)

ander2255:
Hi skwire,

Thanks for your reply (especially considering the age of this thread!).

Your new OSD files work great! You didn't mention it, but it's also necessary to make this setting for it to work:

Right-click the system tray icon > Options > select the "OSD - Enable" checkbox > OK

This may seem obvious. But when I saw that a color was already selected in your "OSD" submenu, I didn't understand why no OSD appeared. (And I'm a technical writer—I'm supposed to be good at this stuff!)

May I make a suggestion? When you add the OSD folder to your normal install, I'd enable OSD by default. Then you could add a "Disabled" item to your OSD submenu, which the user could select if they didn't want the OSD. And of course the OSD submenu and your Options > "Enabled" checkbox would always have the same setting.

It baffles me why Microsoft didn't include a more visible volume display. And Volt is the only one I could find that works properly (set to XP Compatibility Mode). So thanks again! Cheers, Andy

panzer:
Volume2 is another useful app for volume control:

http://code.google.com/p/volume2/

skwire:
Nice find.  :Thmbsup: There is also Volumouse (and a new beta) from NirSoft.  I really should update Volt (one of my oldest apps) to support Windows 7.

panzer:
Or add mouse-only option. By drawind a circle with your mouse (like in Magic Formation) a small tyre-like object would appear on the screen. By scrooling your mouse that object would get filled with color from right to left- more scrolling, higher volume you would get. Scroll down to set volume lower. After a couple seconds of inactivity it would dissapear ...

It could get useful for Trout also because some don't want for Trout to appear on screen at all (not even Minibar) ...

It could also have special mode for people who are disabled. There are people that just can't use keys because they can't move their fingers/arms etc. I heard of software that enables you to move a mouse just with the moving of your eyes. With eye movement they could so invoke Volt although I do not know how would they mimic scrolling to move volume up/down...

Another idea: make Volt recognize speech  :). So when Volt is activated and someone says Down/Up, volume gets up/down to a certain degree.

Possibilities are endless. You just have to explore them (although my post doesn't make sense  :D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version