topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Phishtank  (Read 4536 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Phishtank
« on: December 15, 2006, 09:22 AM »
I just downloaded opera and found that it now has a phishing filter. To test it, i went looking for a phishing archive.
That's how i made this cool find:
phishtank

Disclaimer: please notice that this is a phishing archive. If you don't know what phishing is, please read this article first. Do not introduce any personal information in any site you find through this page, PLEASE!

What is PhishTank?

PhishTank is a collaborative clearing house for data and information about phishing on the Internet. Also, PhishTank provides an open API for developers and researchers to integrate anti-phishing data into their applications at no charge.

Screenshot-06_12_15,15_19_41.png

I found it very interesting because it allowed me to know how good opera's filter is (it's pretty darn good ;) ), and also to know exactly how this thing works.
I must say I'm impressed with the work some phishers put into these sites, some of them look really genuine!!

ps: image not linked on purpose, to avoid errors.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:24 AM by jgpaiva »

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
Re: Phishtank
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Phirephox.pngPhishtank

This is what Firefox reports when I try some of those sites there :D I never saw that before lol
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.