ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2007

Cody Mug for NANY Participants

<< < (17/18) > >>

mouser:
How much does ShaggyPup charge to do freelance coding jobs?

CodeTRUCKER:
Farmsteader, how do you like working in a reclining chair.. it's something i've always been curious about if it would actually work, and you seem to have taken the idea quite seriously.  Did you custom build that table setup? (bolted to floor?)
-mouser (January 27, 2007, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mostly it started with one of those cantilever CRT monitor stands.  The table is my own design.  Essentially, from the anchor bolts embedded in the concrete foundation floor to the table top is my construction.  Everything above the table is a modified monitor support arm. 

Inquiring minds want to know.

--- End quote ---

Of course they do! 

ps. I think that monkey has to be immortalized in cartoon form one day by nudone, as one of Cody's best friends.

--- End quote ---

I am sure his monkeyship would be honored.  Please advise when you need proof photos for this.  He will be sure and show his best side.

CodeTRUCKER:
How much does ShaggyPup charge to do freelance coding jobs?
-mouser (January 27, 2007, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

ShaggyPup has requested that you allow him to not own this until he has had a opportunity to peruse the project, but wants to assure you that it will be competitive.

CodeTRUCKER:
I too want to know about the reclining. I have chronic back problems. It went out again yesterday. I am sitting in my office chair looking at my special back chair ( a cloth version of this chair ) while hunched over and hurting. I have thought several times about creating such a setup with something like this.
-tinjaw (January 27, 2007, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Man, Chaim, that hurts thinking about it.  In regard to your inquiry, I have not suffered any problems and have enjoyed substantial relief over other postures.  Make sure you have good head support so you do not need to hold your head up. 

An added benefit to my arrangement is the ability to lean back the recliner and snooze when a short nap is in order.

PM me if you have any other specific inquiries.  In the meantime, I hope your chairs can help you.

Now, you will have to excuse me.  I have just been summoned by a diminutive primate.  He undoubtedly has been monkeying around with his code and is in a recursive loop.

CodeTRUCKER:
Farmsteader did you poor concrete in the floor to keep that small table standing? ;)
-Ruffnekk (January 27, 2007, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, I did not pour concrete.  I sliced the carpet and drilled four 1/2" holes in the foundation with a hammer drill (DO NOT try a regular drill) and installed anchor bolts in the holes.  The kind you hammer in and are self-tightening as you draw them up by tightening (make sure you put the nut on BEFORE you hammer).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version