ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I wish there was some way to Encrypt my bike so it won't be stolen

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
@app: there are some strange robbers in your residence area, i see :P

@fodder: that's sorry to know, policeman should be honest people, at least as long as they are on duty :(

cranioscopical:
f0dder: I once turned in a wallet with money in. The police officer asked me if I was stupid since I hadn't grabbed the money myself... I'm pretty sure the owner of the purse got his purse and credit cards etc. back, but I'm also pretty sure mister cop had a 'bonus' that month.
--- End quote ---
Good on you for your honesty. Nowadays, too many are willing to debase their personal integrity for a handful of dollars!

f0dder:
f0dder: I once turned in a wallet with money in. The police officer asked me if I was stupid since I hadn't grabbed the money myself... I'm pretty sure the owner of the purse got his purse and credit cards etc. back, but I'm also pretty sure mister cop had a 'bonus' that month.
--- End quote ---
Good on you for your honesty. Nowadays, too many are willing to debase their personal integrity for a handful of dollars!
-cranioscopical (December 17, 2006, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, sorry to say, but that incident did chip my integrity. If I found a wallet today, I would take the money before turning it in... I would still make sure to turn it in at a police station though, to make sure somebody with even lesser moral fibre wouldn't abuse credit cards etc.

mouser:
you know it's always productive to look for isomorphisms between different domains.

if we ask, what would it look like to "encrypt" a bike, a novel idea comes to mind..

you see how some people remove the seat from their bike and take it with them so that no one can steal and ride away with their bike.  but a downside is you have to carry the seat around with you.

well what if instead of carrying the seat with you, you just "scrambled" the bike parts, by making a bike where you could easily swap the seat for the handlebars, and lock them in place.  seems to me because they are build in pieces of the bike you could make some very strong locks that would lock the pieces in place and make the bike not very useful to a thief..

cranioscopical:
mouser: if we ask, what would it look like to "encrypt" a bike, a novel idea comes to mind
--- End quote ---
You can be its spokesman and peddle it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version