topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: StumbleUpon Launches StumbleVideo  (Read 4453 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
StumbleUpon Launches StumbleVideo
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I just hope the videos are as good as the websites have been!

Just after midnight EST (about now), StumbleUpon will lift the embargo on StumbleVideo, a service that automatically finds videos matching your interests. The site doesn’t require the StumbleUpon toolbar - you can simply watch videos pulled from MySpace Video, Google Video and YouTube, clicking on the “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” to show whether you liked the clip. Once you’ve rated, click “Stumble!” to move to the next video; think of it as Hot or Not for videos.

The service logs all your ratings in the “history” section, and you can register with StumbleUpon to have that data saved in your account. Just like Pandora or Last.fm, StumbleVideo uses your ratings to find more videos you might like, and it also allows you to email a link to your friends...

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: StumbleUpon Launches StumbleVideo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:29 PM »
great. now i'll end up wasting even more time stumbling.

i wish there were was a way of filtering out video clips over a certain length, i.e. avoid everything over 60 seconds running time - that way you could merrily browse through a few videos knowing that you aren't going to have to sometimes waste 5 or more minutes watching dud clips.